Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 27/10/13 11:20 AM Posted 27/10/13 11:20 AM The barber I go to for hair cuts does a shave deal also.. I've only gotten a shave twice.. First time I was sh*tting myself.. I was so tense (underbelly razor didn't help).. He pointed out on several occasions that it makes it harder for him if you don't relax.. If you tense up too much and pull the skin tight there is no give and it's very easy to break the skin.. Interestingly enough I didn't get any rash or anything however I'm thinking my problem could more be the prep/clean up than the actual cutting.. Because a few hair dressers have taken the cut throat to the back of my neck and I still get rash there.. He wraps a hot towel around your head, leaves the shaving lather stuff on your face for at least five minutes, shaves, cleans off with something, another hot towel, then after shave cream.. Where as my usual shaving routine is: Start brushing teeth, apply shaving cream, shave, splash water on face, spit out toothpaste, rinse mouth and face.. Done in 3 minutes..
angelo89 Member 468 Member For: 13y 2m 25d Gender: Male Posted 27/10/13 07:40 PM Posted 27/10/13 07:40 PM My hairdresser does the back of my neck always gets irritated cause I think all he uses is bit of water but whenever I shave with the straight razor never get irritation. Also yeah relaxing while shaving is the best thing makes 100x easier
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 21/11/13 12:20 AM Posted 21/11/13 12:20 AM What's a reasonable price for a cut throat razor? Like to give it a try but everywhere I have looked they are worth like $100-200 for a proper one.
Blue Oval Legacy Donating Member 245 Member For: 13y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 21/11/13 09:14 AM Posted 21/11/13 09:14 AM Its got to be electric you just have to have that vibration
angelo89 Member 468 Member For: 13y 2m 25d Gender: Male Posted 21/11/13 10:06 AM Posted 21/11/13 10:06 AM U can get cheaper ones for about 150 but any cheaper than that they are not as quality
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 21/11/13 10:36 AM Posted 21/11/13 10:36 AM Phillips electric shavers shred my skin so that's a no. Might start hinting about a cut throat for Christmas!
angelo89 Member 468 Member For: 13y 2m 25d Gender: Male Posted 21/11/13 11:41 AM Posted 21/11/13 11:41 AM Honestly the best feeling shaving with a cut throat 1
angelo89 Member 468 Member For: 13y 2m 25d Gender: Male Posted 13/01/14 09:25 AM Posted 13/01/14 09:25 AM Did anyone get a cutthroat for Christmas any one started using one
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/01/14 04:20 AM Posted 16/01/14 04:20 AM Still looking. I wanted one but the store nearby only had those pov ones that you attach the razor blades to.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/01/14 04:50 AM Posted 16/01/14 04:50 AM Generally a strong sneeze or cough would knock the whiskers off my face, so I normally use electric. When I feel like it I enjoy the process of a proper shave with a good shave cream and hot water. I also have a friend that is a barber and whenever I get a haircut I get him to give me a shave with the cut throat razor.Clean shaven and a haircut, extra babyface ensues and I look about 12...feels nice though...lolAddress and name of barber?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now