johno Legacy Donating Member 773 Member For: 15y 11m 17d Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier, SA Posted 04/08/13 09:30 AM Posted 04/08/13 09:30 AM I have used both over the years. Cant grow a beard to save myself, so only shaved every 2-3 days with a blade.Tried a couple of electric ones, but no real success. Am on Warfarin these days, so have resorted to blade at start of week, then electric every 2nd day(Remington)Not perfect, but dont care much. Blade OK if I have 3-4 days growth. May have to try a more expensive electric.Anyone got pics of the electric ones you use??
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 04/08/13 11:33 AM Posted 04/08/13 11:33 AM Let us know how you go Pazzo. I bought a Philiips electric razor a few years back. Biggest shaving rash I've ever had in my life was from it. Still using a Fusion Power as this seems to do the trick most of the time but I'm still keen to give that old school blade a crack.
Blue Oval Legacy Donating Member 245 Member For: 13y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 04/08/13 07:56 PM Posted 04/08/13 07:56 PM In winter electric & in summer razor, water to cold in winter
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 04/08/13 08:06 PM Posted 04/08/13 08:06 PM I mix it up.. Electric is useless to me if I don't use it daily.. But as mentioned above.. Electric is also useless if you're sweaty or had a shower in the last 5 hours. Basically just gotta use it first thing when you get out of bed in the mornings..
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 6d Gender: Male Posted 04/08/13 08:14 PM Posted 04/08/13 08:14 PM The one I'm looking at its wet dry.... What I do before I shave is actually use a scrub to remove any sweat or oil... Then I shave... Same can be done when using electric... So pretty much I exfoliate before shaving.
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 04/08/13 08:35 PM Posted 04/08/13 08:35 PM That doesn't sound too bad at all.. I've always used Remington electric shavers.. They probably aren't as good as Phillips but I got told that they were easier to get replacement blades for as the new ones fit the old ones.. In saying that my top spend was $200 and that wasn't on special.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/08/13 10:02 PM Posted 04/08/13 10:02 PM Did someone just say exfoliate? On the topic of fusion razors, the cheap knock-off copies on Kogan are exactly that. $1 each for the blades...give about one/eighth of the performance too.
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 04/08/13 11:40 PM Posted 04/08/13 11:40 PM I should clarify that I meant that the Wet/Dry razor sounded good..Not the exfoliation of his face..
Corzza 777 Member 7,135 Member For: 17y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA Posted 04/08/13 11:46 PM Posted 04/08/13 11:46 PM Been using an electric shaver for as long as I can remember. Blade would give me rash.
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 6d Gender: Male Posted 05/08/13 12:29 AM Posted 05/08/13 12:29 AM It's good before shaving Tab... Should try it..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now