Stazza_Brendan Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Mackay QLD Posted 04/11/10 04:25 AM Posted 04/11/10 04:25 AM (edited) Friend has been building up his repairable writeoff BA XR6T for a while and has changed fair bit of the bodywork while doing it.One of the additions is FG F6 style front bar.Sorry for small pics, they are just screen shots from a short vid he put on facebook.Thoughts on this setup (remembering the grill is missing)? havnt seen or heard of anyone doing it before. I think front on would look awesome with a nice polished cooler filling the gap.Car also has vented front gaurds with small vent above and below indicator , DJR style lip spoiler on boot , XR8 bonnet and sideskirts.Car should be finished this weekend from what he told me but not sure if the recent rain has slowed the work down. Edited 04/11/10 04:27 AM by Stazza_Brendan
AJ-80 Member 97 Member For: 16y 11d Posted 04/11/10 04:39 AM Posted 04/11/10 04:39 AM I reckon it looks pretty good.Doesnt look like it lines up whith the bonnet on the inside of the headlights, but that may be gidden by the grille when it goes on.Post up pics of the whole car when its finished
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 04/11/10 06:27 AM Posted 04/11/10 06:27 AM LOL I honestly dont know what I think....
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/11/10 06:31 AM Posted 04/11/10 06:31 AM Could look good but need more shots from further back. Is he a member? If not, why not?
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 04/11/10 06:34 AM Posted 04/11/10 06:34 AM that could be pretty good... but need more pics to be sure!
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 04/11/10 06:39 AM Posted 04/11/10 06:39 AM I'm not a big fan of trannys but I don't mind it front on. Definitely needs side skirts though and then it would need a rear bar. So anyone have pics of the full fg Gt kit fitted to a ba?
Stazza_Brendan Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Mackay QLD Posted 04/11/10 06:43 AM Author Posted 04/11/10 06:43 AM (edited) I'll get more pics when I see him next. Not sure if car is finished yet. Not a member as he works out west and doesn't really get on the net much.Just after I posted this thread I seen a lower spec model on ebay with the same front but with weird colour scheme. would have put me of that front if I hadn't seen my friends first. I was searching for gt or gtp wheels if anyone wants to see it.Henz, he has skirts already and he did mention rear bar, but can't remember if it was going to be an fg style Edited 04/11/10 06:53 AM by Stazza_Brendan
IBOO57 Member 538 Member For: 17y 3m 16d Posted 04/11/10 07:27 AM Posted 04/11/10 07:27 AM Interesting.Would like to see better pics when finished but looks good so far.
Toxic Beast Member 514 Member For: 20y 1m 5d Gender: Male Posted 04/11/10 05:11 PM Posted 04/11/10 05:11 PM big points to your mate for doing a pretty good job..yeh if only the racoon eye bits , match the headlight line..is this fibreglassed or plastic
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 04/11/10 07:09 PM Posted 04/11/10 07:09 PM I'm not a big fan of trannys but I don't mind it front on. Definitely needs side skirts though and then it would need a rear bar. So anyone have pics of the full fg Gt kit fitted to a ba?Hey mate.Go easy on the tranny thing. I was the biggest tranny in the day.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now