Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • I love gooold member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne (west)
Posted

I think Apple have shunned Flash, yes. QuickTime is their thang and they're gonna force anyone who wants to be their friends, to use it

  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Ive got a 64gb 3G purchased through work. (were looking into its use for Education)

I was pretty skeptical when it was first announced, and If I did have a laptop I probably wouldn't buy one.

Technically it is just a big ipod touch, but, the larger form factor is the difference, 1024x768 res allowing fully rendered / legible websites, readable at an arms length. The screen is gorgeous and clear. it is brilliant for surfing the web, lying in bed or lounging on the couch, It turns the web into a tactile experience / kinda like reading a mag. Very casual.

Video's ripped from DVD's look awesome, I reckon its the ultimate commuter gadget. Ive got an eyetv app that streams live tv to the ipad/iphone from our works servers. Very cool, when your out and about and a live sporting event is on that you don't want to miss!

I disagree about the onscreen keyboard, its actually really fast to type, and after just an hour or so use, (getting used to key locations etc becomes really intuitive.

10,000 apps released already, some of which are pretty awesome.

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Bahaha go on Dags buy one.

  • Massive Tool
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 25d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I was told today Apple is releasing a ladies only version soon called the I-ron :turboboink:

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted
roflmbo.gif I wonder what the Gentlemens version would be ?
  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Mens version = iToss :buttrock:

As for the resolution my HTC HD2 is tiny and does 800 x 200 resolution and it is only 4.3" screen.

I found the ipad had very average resolution. A screen as large as the ipad should be up to the 1600x1080.

I also thought it was very pixelated. So we have found a use for it....it can watch videos and TV :beerchug:

The HP Slate eats a ipad for brekkie, but apple nuts will never be convinced.

  • 1 month later...
  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted

Trying to talk myself into buying one rather than a 40" LCD for the bedroom, give me a reason....

:roflmbo:

JB HiFi talked me into a 42" LCD for $698 SONIQ never heard of em but they use Samsung screens and are 100 cheaper than a 32" so I went for it seeing it's only for the bedroom....

....I'll stick with my laptop for now instead of the iPad.

  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

Porn on your bedroom wall vs Porn on your lap.

Ipad just seems useless if you already have a laptop.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...