Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 13/06/10 03:10 AM Posted 13/06/10 03:10 AM Trying to talk myself into buying one rather than a 40" LCD for the bedroom, give me a reason....
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 13/06/10 03:42 AM Posted 13/06/10 03:42 AM Have you got an iPhone???It's an iPhone with a big screen... Why bother?
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 13/06/10 03:50 AM Author Posted 13/06/10 03:50 AM No havent been sucked into that marketing scam...yet...
mattyb Legacy Donating Member 1,097 Member For: 18y 3m 24d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, QLD Posted 13/06/10 04:13 AM Posted 13/06/10 04:13 AM I got an iphone... I se it for everything, and cos it sincs with my wifi, I use it more than my pc. I'm considering an ipad too, but im waiting till tax time.
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 13/06/10 04:46 AM Posted 13/06/10 04:46 AM You can get iPhone for free on $50 plan with three... Plenty of free calls and data... I've had one for a year...Technology is awesome :-)
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 13/06/10 05:47 AM Author Posted 13/06/10 05:47 AM Why bother?Technology is awesome :-)Make ya mind up....
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/06/10 06:01 AM Posted 13/06/10 06:01 AM Having used a iPad they are fun but all in all just a gimicky toy.People who have bought them do not know what to use them for, but I am sure over time there will more uses for them.Aside from games, limited web surfing and watching or reading stuff.Any notebook has more features and usability.They are a waste of money and you will get more use from a 40" TV in the bedroom P.S I have a 42" in the bedroom
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 13/06/10 07:19 AM Posted 13/06/10 07:19 AM Make ya mind up.... The why bother was if you had an iphone!!!
South Member 323 Member For: 20y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 13/06/10 11:46 PM Posted 13/06/10 11:46 PM Don't bother with an iPad if you already have a laptop. If you want a Mac, buy an iMac Pro 13" and it will do better things for a similar price.Don't bother with a big TV in your bedroom either. Seriously I bough a 46" (ZAP to you) for the bedroom so Mrs could watch it during pregnancy and not have to move around too much, and since the birth of our son, we have not watched the bedroom TV. 46" was then too small to move into the lounge room, so I had to buy a 54" to fill that room. I have a hugely expensive (bought before you'd get them free with your coco pops) plasma in my room that is now just a place holder.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 14/06/10 02:19 AM Posted 14/06/10 02:19 AM Wife and I were at the apple shop shop yesterday, that joint is like a real life "big bang theory" loads of chics and nerds in purple lol, but after a bit of a poke around on the iPad, I decided that, yes it is just a big iphone, and a good size too.Like alot of us, I'm online all day, be it on pc in my work office, pc at my home office, iphone in the car or out somewhere, or sitting here on the couch on my laptop... I can see the ipad being great for doing what Im doing now, checking emails and poking around the forums... Ipad is alot easier to use than this laptop, for the basics it needs to be used for.At $629, its a cheap alternative to a laptop, but obviously isnt a replacement for one... I reckon they are worth having.Judging by the amount of Ipads they had in the shop, online and ready for everyone to have a play with, these thing will be huge.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now