MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 03/04/10 03:06 PM Posted 03/04/10 03:06 PM Tried to get mine programed at 2 places today, as I only have 1 original, and both places couldnt do it.. They said the machine fails trying to print the flick key.. Im gonna have to give Ford a go..
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 9m Location: Sydney Posted 04/04/10 03:14 AM Author Posted 04/04/10 03:14 AM [quote name='JPaulet' date='02 April 2010 - 09:51 AM' timestamp='1270162303' post='996953'] Tried all combinations of pressure, delay and pressure placement. The buttons are dead [/quote] you need to code the buttons to the car as well. • To enter teach mode turn the ignition switch from off to accessories and within 5 seconds press the rear demist switch 3 times. When the mode is entered the door locks will cycle. • Once the mode is entered then all the remote keys will be erased (original keys included). • To teach the keys press any remote keys button (I.e. any of the buttons on any of the remotes you have). • To acknowledge the new key has been stored in memory the door locks will change state then change back again. • Then teach the next key and so on. • Make sure you teach all keys at the same time • Once complete turn off the car and test remotes give the above a try (not with the flip key in the ignition obviously) and let me know you go.
Turbo Ute BOOSTN Legacy Donating Member 182 Member For: 16y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 05/04/10 08:55 AM Posted 05/04/10 08:55 AM how do you open the key to get to the battery?
Guest EGOXRT Guests Posted 05/04/10 08:58 AM Posted 05/04/10 08:58 AM Pull the flip key half off, then pry the remote apart.
FastR1Red Member 360 Member For: 21y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Mt Waverley Posted 08/04/10 09:00 AM Posted 08/04/10 09:00 AM Got mine cut today. Bit of a hassle though, even at the same place Barnsey went to. The guy said no way he'd do it for $18 so went to hit me with $32. He also said there's no way it can be programmed. I was pretty sick of it and said no problem just cut it and I won't worry about anything else, all I want it to do is open the door. He got the sh*ts real bad, cut it anyway, then turns to me and apologises cos now he remembers doing it for $18. So that's all he charged me. Said it won't start the car and Ford won't program it, the key will be useless. I came home, programmed it up for the ignition, then for the buttons,,,,purrrrrfect. Works nice. When I flick the key out will the girls come???
Turbo Ute BOOSTN Legacy Donating Member 182 Member For: 16y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 08/04/10 11:48 AM Posted 08/04/10 11:48 AM got mine cut and programed today, works perfect, thanks guys for all your help
MitchellO Member 53 Member For: 17y 1m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 09/04/10 10:01 AM Posted 09/04/10 10:01 AM [quote name='fordriver1' date='17 March 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1268827696' post='992051'] yeah, and today I doesnt work.... I have 2 original keys, which im using to try to enter program mode. is it first key to ignition- second key to accessories within 5 seconds? [/quote] Having the same problem as you with the flick key for my BF, doesn't seem to enter programming mode correctly, and in certain circumstances after attemping programming (right after) I can start the car with the flick key, but if I get out, lock it, get back in and try and start it fails.
GNU UP Member 124 Member For: 17y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: sydney south Posted 09/04/10 01:08 PM Posted 09/04/10 01:08 PM any chance in another group buy?
383ongiggle Legacy Donating Member 53 Member For: 16y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: Newman, WA Posted 10/04/10 11:33 PM Posted 10/04/10 11:33 PM [quote name='GNU UP' date='09 April 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1270818504' post='999172'] any chance in another group buy? [/quote] Im keen to get hold of one of these too.
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 9m Location: Sydney Posted 11/04/10 09:23 AM Author Posted 11/04/10 09:23 AM if theres enough interest I will arrange another group buy at the same price! can we get 10 people in?
Recommended Posts