Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 09/02/10 11:06 PM Posted 09/02/10 11:06 PM What forum are you see this on?
tinyplums Member 1,080 Member For: 18y 2m 2d Gender: Male Posted 10/02/10 12:48 AM Posted 10/02/10 12:48 AM if these become tempe spec, I will be gutted.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 10/02/10 01:06 AM Posted 10/02/10 01:06 AM I bet they send the patterns and tooling to China and make crappy quality.Tempe are not known for service and quality, rather cheap and cheerful.
Koo Member 6 Member For: 18y 2m 11d Posted 10/02/10 01:11 AM Posted 10/02/10 01:11 AM unfortunately I agree with you but I hope not
robbo k Member 414 Member For: 18y 6m Location: Wollongong Posted 10/02/10 04:07 AM Author Posted 10/02/10 04:07 AM its on street commo forum.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 10/02/10 06:19 AM Posted 10/02/10 06:19 AM Just heard on the grape vine that yes Tempe are doing the rims. They are Simmons copies and are made in China. They will be forged centres and made to order with a 4 week turn around. They will come in 18", 19", 20" and 22".I am trying to get more info about weights and strengths.Apparentely tempe will have them in 4 weeks and that's when they will have them on there website.Take it as you like. I did not talk to tempe direct so info could be more or less correct.
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 10/02/10 06:26 AM Posted 10/02/10 06:26 AM Finally a set of FR20s for the front and FR22s for the rear hahaMade to order? So hopefully they will still do custom offsets and widths still?
Corzza 777 Member 7,135 Member For: 17y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA Posted 10/02/10 10:17 AM Posted 10/02/10 10:17 AM I heard about this to but I think its just talk
robbo k Member 414 Member For: 18y 6m Location: Wollongong Posted 11/02/10 08:44 AM Author Posted 11/02/10 08:44 AM I was talkin to a bloke at work reckons the outters wont be like the normal alloy and polish them up urself rather then some cheap steel and dipped in chrome. yes also heard it will like every other thing in our house will have a made in china stamp.
berzerker Legacy Donating Member 767 Member For: 18y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 11/02/10 10:46 AM Posted 11/02/10 10:46 AM lol.. I was hoping theyd be dodgy like this, keeps the old good ones special.Though im surprised nobody has made simmons 'copies' like the fpv copies sooner than this. Cause that's what they theyll be - copies... how dare they brand them with the simmons name!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now