Project Manual Typhoon 9 Sec

SPIKO

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 14d

that's unreal mate, time to add another member to the 600+ club.

I'm more than sure 600 + will be more than enough but if it becomes too much & you get nothing but wheelspin do yas have something alittle more progressive or with lesser killawasps or are you using an eboost to bring the boost on in stages to give it half a chance to hook up in the lower gears?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 14d

here ya go travis. cant wait to see yours it should really sing. Make sure they get some vids of it.

• Member For: 20y 11m 29d

Getting the power down without breaking the rear end will be the biggest problem. If your diff, cv's and tailshaft hasn't been strengthened then it will most likely go bang just like XFT's did.

Has anyone tried some sort of anti lag to keep boost up between shifts?

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 1d

The car has billet driveshafts and is getting a moly tailshaft and better diff centre built for it, so the driveline will be up to the task. You'd be surprised how NON laggy a turbo this big is on a 4 litre, lag between gears shouldn't be a problem, balancing launching with boost vs traction will be interesting, my prediction is slow 60ft and ET on streets with big mile:)

As far as boost control goes, we have fitted an Eboost2 to the car for Spiro, and when we get a little more time will set up gear depended boost control and his shift light:)

6BOOST

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 16d

Good luck with your atempt , it would be a sound achievement . I believe it can be done if launch is brutal enough and drivetrain holds together lol

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 17d

Thank you all for the kind words, drove the car up from Sydney, permanent smile on my face with only 470 odd rwkw's, the car is a weapon, the clutch & gearbox are awesome, turbo lag what lag? if you know how to drive, I do not think full boost at 3700rpm would dissapoint anyone in an engine that spins to 7K. Will give it a pass on street tyres shortly, and see what the outcome is!

Cheers

Spiro

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 17d

Congrats on the power figure Spiro!!

It was a priveledge to build the car and I'm glad we got the fab work done in time for your trip to sydney, bugger on not getting the initial tune sorted as we would have liked. No one can argue with C&V's experience and tuning ability though, and 480rwkw on 98 and 616rwkw says it all. For anyone who thinks that some of Spiro's words may come off as overly enthusiastic, I can assure you that in the 10 years I have been in the industry, I have never met a more capable, and determined individual :thumbsup:

Regards.............6BOOST

Took the car down to Willowbank tonight with 460rwkw's and pump fuel on street tyre's ( 285x35x20"s Nanakang)

What a waste of time that was, first pass 2.650 60ft and 54mph @ half track with an ET of 14.00 @ 110 or 113mph to the best of my recolection! Best 60ft before I smashed the tailshaft( standard one not the chromoly from Mal Woods because it is not fitted as yet) was 2.350 and an ET of 13.04 @ 116mph, needless to say I am extremely disapointed with myself and I will not be running the car with street tyres ever again even at the street tune level, time to put some slicks on the car and the chromoly tailshaft so that we may start getting serious about this.

It won't be long now before the rims & tyres are in my possesion and the tailshaft is fitted to the car, humble apologies for the let down fella's I did my best on the night. ( I guess I was a little inpatient :)).

PS: Mal Woods Magnum T56 & Option 6 Clutch took the punishment without a hint of stress at this power level performing flawlessly, this was a welcome positive outcome from the night.

Cheers

Spiro

Edited by SPIKO