My_XR6_Turbo Member 282 Member For: 22y 2m 9d Posted 28/09/09 10:30 AM Posted 28/09/09 10:30 AM Having a week off work is not a good thing. What I have done is connect 2 x 3mm Blue LED’s to each door handle and ran them to the interior light. So when you unlock the door the lights come on for 30secs.If someone wants a write-up let me know.Dicksmith was the cheapest for the hardware:LED 3mm Hi-Bright Blue 1200mcd (z3822) $.75c each * 8460ohm Resistor $.06c each * 820m Cable (w2010) $.50c p/m * 20mHeatShrink Tube 1.2mx3mm (w3194) $4.25Remove the drivers side pillar by pulling towards the centre of the car.Unplug the wire.Cut the + and - wires and join a piece of wire to them. Push the wire down past the fuse box. (I used a coat hanger to get it down)Now run 1 wire from the fuse box to each door handle. Again you will need to use a coat hanger to get the wire through the rubber seals. (This will take you about half the day)Once you have run all the cables to the doors you can join all the wires together and join them to the wire you passed down from the pillar.I used 2x3mm ultra bright LED’s per door. Join the 2 + sides of the LED’s together. On the other side of the LED’s you will need to join 460ohm resistors. Then join the 2 resistors legs together. You can now join the LED to the wire in the door. Don’t forget to use heat shrink on all the legs.Now drill 2 x3mm holes in you door handles close to the top so they cannot been seen. Bend your LED’s legs to a 90deg angle and push them in the holes. I used gap sealer to hold the LED’s and cable in place.Put everything back together and push your unlock button on your remote. The LED’s should stay on for 30secs and turn off. You can also turn them on if you push the interior light button on the dash. 1
XXRLNT TURBOCHARGED Member 372 Member For: 20y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: MELBOURNE Posted 28/09/09 11:17 AM Posted 28/09/09 11:17 AM (edited) nice work never thought off this idia before wouldnt mind doing this to my car if you could do a write up that would be very help full Edited 28/09/09 11:18 AM by XXRLNT
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 28/09/09 12:23 PM Posted 28/09/09 12:23 PM I agree, seeing it is kinda like "why didn't I think of that". Would love a write up, would suit my existing wanky blue LED interior nicely!
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 13d Gender: Male Posted 29/09/09 12:42 PM Posted 29/09/09 12:42 PM geez that's pretty cool.. good writeup also,, well done man
GR8XR6 ANGEL EYES Legacy Donating Member 1,683 Member For: 18y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: SE Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 29/09/09 12:49 PM Posted 29/09/09 12:49 PM Great write up again! Another sticky needed here! Bloody awesome! When can you fit me in? LOL
My_XR6_Turbo Member 282 Member For: 22y 2m 9d Posted 29/09/09 12:53 PM Author Posted 29/09/09 12:53 PM You run the cable and I will make the LED's.
GR8XR6 ANGEL EYES Legacy Donating Member 1,683 Member For: 18y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: SE Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 29/09/09 12:58 PM Posted 29/09/09 12:58 PM I was thinking like more the other way around! LOL. Painful enough getting the leds on the front of mine let alone doors etc! Definately on my list of projects! It's getting longer! Talk soon! I need some holidays to try and get some done lol!
STUDentWOK Member 38 Member For: 17y 1m 8d Gender: Male Posted 07/11/09 09:09 AM Posted 07/11/09 09:09 AM Looks HOT! im very interested in doing this over a weekend im free one day, like most people on this site that "TO DO" list just gets longer and longer
ashturner Member 49 Member For: 18y 8m Posted 08/11/09 07:50 AM Posted 08/11/09 07:50 AM I did this a few weeks back, I'll try to post picks later
simmo Member 431 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: byron bay more underarm hair per square km Posted 03/02/10 10:00 AM Posted 03/02/10 10:00 AM great post man.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now