Brandonn Legacy Donating Member 2,304 Member For: 18y 19d Gender: Male Location: port hedland Posted 06/07/09 11:19 AM Posted 06/07/09 11:19 AM ok I payed for a car today 2000 flacon for 5k as a work car got it realised it was starting to over heat turned t off left it on side of road n went home,took it into work mechanics later who looked at it tested it and have said soemthing is wrong iwth the headive been told in qld there is like a 'cool down' period with buying a car privately does any 1 know about WA laws?is there n e way of me getting my money back besides beating it outta him?
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 29d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 06/07/09 11:22 AM Posted 06/07/09 11:22 AM What did the bill of sale/receipt say. Did he supply a road worthy cert
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 06/07/09 11:23 AM Posted 06/07/09 11:23 AM I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I believe there is no cooling off period on private purchases
GR8XR6 ANGEL EYES Legacy Donating Member 1,683 Member For: 18y 2m 12d Gender: Male Location: SE Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 06/07/09 11:23 AM Posted 06/07/09 11:23 AM (edited) Did it come with a roadworthy? Did you get it checked out before the sale? Edited 06/07/09 11:23 AM by GR8XR6
ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 06/07/09 11:26 AM Posted 06/07/09 11:26 AM private sale buyer beware.
FPV6T UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!! Legacy Donating Member 1,655 Member For: 17y 8m 17d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 06/07/09 11:29 AM Posted 06/07/09 11:29 AM looks like you may have got the greasy end of the SHAFT!!!,Brandonn
Brandonn Legacy Donating Member 2,304 Member For: 18y 19d Gender: Male Location: port hedland Posted 06/07/09 11:30 AM Author Posted 06/07/09 11:30 AM u dont need road worthy certificates here :Sno I know I was stupid for no t getting it checked at b 4 sale
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 06/07/09 11:42 AM Posted 06/07/09 11:42 AM As I understand it you get 10 days through a dealer. Private sale zip, unless the advertising was misleading. Then It's off to court.Sorry
-MARTY54- Member 124 Member For: 17y 9m 3d Posted 06/07/09 12:09 PM Posted 06/07/09 12:09 PM (edited) u dont need road worthy certificates here :Sno I know I was stupid for no t getting it checked at b 4 saleDon't need road worthy certificates in QLD... Hey?? Your incorrect there. It does happen all over the place, but its still illegal. I'm afraid you've learned a lesson the hard way. It would cost you more than 5k in litigation fees before you even got to court, even if youwin you can only claim 2/3 of your legal fees off the idiot. Not worth it. Like I said on another thread, treat car salesman / private car owners like the enemy.. they are. They aren't your friends, they only want the best price for themselves and nothing more. Along with real estate agents, the VERY LAST people in the world you trust! Edited 06/07/09 12:10 PM by -MARTY54-
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 06/07/09 12:25 PM Posted 06/07/09 12:25 PM Brandon bought the car in Western Australia, Marty, so he is correct.Also I take offence to the "car salesmen are the enemy" line. I spend alot of time helping people on this forum and in the yard, and no its not for profit, I have only sold one vehicle to a Forum member since I have been active here. Would you like it if people came into your place of business and called you a liar and told you that just because you could charge less for what you do, you are ripping people off? People like this are why I'm about to leave the industry...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now