Dags Your New Car Is Ready

seventytwo

• Member For: 15y 10m 26d

Dunno... looked better on transformers.. haha they are nice, front looks wicked, but the back looks wierd with a yellow paint job.. I seen a merc-silver colour one and the back looked much better...dontknow.gif

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 23d

Hey tab could you go over it with a bit of black? I think it would look heaps better black.

I saw one the other day maybe an 09 I don't know but they do look farkin mean close up.

• 1 month later...
  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 19d

They come in 3.6 Litres... :shocked:

*Note no question mark...

They sure do Dags, same POS that Expensive Daewoo use here with thre same plastic cover. I have to say they are a smooth and economical drive. Rented one from AVIS there 2 weeks ago, and noticed the 6 cyl induction noise and popped the bonnet, sure enough commonwhore motor. When I returned it the woman asked did you get the six or the V8? I said six and asked how you get the V8? she said, you need to order it when you book. Going back on the 12th and have ordered the V8 Mustang this time so I can get a comparison. I have to say, even the Yanks spin out over the Camaro. Personally I think the pcik of the big 3 at the moment would have to be the 440cui RT Challenger. Now that's a nice looking beast IMHOP and it even has BREMBO's

• 1 month later...
  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 4d

Stick ya hug in ya clacker... :nudie:

chevcamaro_wide.jpg

Right-hand drive Camaro gets nod

By Paul Gover

Herald Sun

21 January 2010

The worldwide product boss of General Motors, Bob Lutz, confirms the right-side steering plan for the Camaro during a comprehensive new- model update for Australian reporters during the Detroit Motor Show

Australians will decide their own future with the Chevrolet Camaro after a high-level go-ahead from Detroit.

A right-hand drive version of the Commodore-based coupe is now cleared for takeoff and only needs a money-making plan from Fishermans Bend to make it happen. The worldwide product boss of General Motors, Bob Lutz, confirms the right-side steering plan for the Camaro during a comprehensive new- model update for Australian reporters during the Detroit Motor Show, showing his usual enthusiasm for anything spun from the VE Commodore on the go-faster front.

"I think you can pretty much count on a right-hand-drive Camaro," says Lutz. "The Camaro at some point will be factory right-hand-drive. That is what we are currently looking at ... with a great deal of focus, built in the plant in Canada and shipped to right-hand-drive markets from Canada."

The original GM plan for the Camaro called for right-hand drive and a convertible in 2011, but the extensions from the basic coupe — which was engineered in Australia for North American production and sales — were delayed by the impact of the global financial crisis and last year's GM bankruptcy proceedings.

But the convertible is now back on the map and the Australian import plan is also picking up pace. Even so, the head of GM Holden is sounding a warning. "It's not a done deal yet. We still have to put together a business plan," says Alan Batey, president of Holden, also speaking in Detroit.

Batey is worried that enthusiasm will overtake commonsense on the Camaro and wants to wait until his sales and marketing team is able to complete some serious customer research. He is also worried about the long-term future of a Camaro in Australia, because of unstable exchange rates, and worries about introducing the Chevrolet brand following the failures of Daewoo, Hummer, Saab and Cadillac — which never even get off the launch pad — as brand extensions for Holden.

Batey knows there is a strong call for the Camaro and only has to look at the success of the home-grown Monaro to know a Commodore coupe can work. But he refuses to get carried away. "Let's wait and see. It's early days," he says. "We've had our hand up for this car since we did the engineering work in Australia. It now depends on how quickly we can get it. We've always wanted it. We'll take it, but it depends on how soon it becomes available."

Lutz is, typically, rushing ahead and can see no reason to delay a right-hand drive version of the Camaro. He knows Australia is the key but can see export potential to Britain and South Africa.

"With the currency and so on we now have a golden opportunity to export from the United States, and with the excellence of the product we really should be pushing exports," Lutz says. "Most of the parts are there. All we have to do really is reverse the instrument panel. All of the right-hand drive bits are a given because of the Holden architecture."

:buttrock:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 23d

"I think you can pretty much count on a right-hand-drive Camaro,"

lmao...I think you've been pretty much sucked in by the hype :beerchug:

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 25d

cant wait to see the "bend over and take it aussie scum" price that GM slap on this puppy... $70k I'd buy one but I know htey will be a lot more