Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted
Might seem silly, but is your boost solenoid and wastegate plumbed up right? If the hoses are plugged in the wrong way round you could be just hitting your head against a wall...
senna T, Doesn't matter if the stock BOV is wrong way or not, mine is fitted the opposite way.

All that seems to happen is it is louder.

I didn't mention anything about the BOV Paul.... :thumbsup:

  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

OK, checked a few things today.

Bypassed boost solenoid by running the actuator straight off the compressor housing , I also ran a 2nd boost guage from this line so we could see the boost levels being made from the turbo.

Manifold pressure was 9.5 - 10 psi, turbo pressure was 10 - 11 psi, meaning about a 1 psi drop over all my pipework and intercooler, basically it rules out any boost leaks in those areas.

There are a few possibilities I can think of, Actuator could be 9 - 10 psi not the 12-13psi one that was requested, Actuator could be f*#ked, Flapper may not be seating properly, or not enough of pretension on the actuator

:thumbsup:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melb
Posted

you have half a eyelet of pretension on that actuator.

I think you just got a mislabeled 9psi actuator, this is why I dont like BYO products

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted
Are the hoses on the wastegate solenoid on the right way? Does it overboost with the hose disconnected from the actuator?

Yes, and no it doesn't overboost

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: QLD
Posted
I didn't mention anything about the BOV Paul.... :thumbsup:

Sorry about that, I dont know why I though that, when you mentioned Wastegate.

What you mean yes and no?

If it does it is obvisiously the Actuator.

Try locking it shut hard with tie wire or zip tie then see what happens.

If you where local I could put my Vac checker on it for you to see what it actually is doing.

If it doesnt build boost then well maybe you need to drop the exhaust and check

the flapper valve for seating and if any cracks or damage is evident.

Make sure the swing arm is free in movement and that the flapper seats.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted (edited)
Are the hoses on the wastegate solenoid on the right way? Does it overboost with the hose disconnected from the actuator?

Yes, The hoses on the wastegate solenoid are on the right way..... No, it doesn't over boost

Edited by BB.
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted
Sorry about that, I dont know why I though that, when you mentioned Wastegate.

What you mean yes and no?

If it does it is obvisiously the Actuator.

Try locking it shut hard with tie wire or zip tie then see what happens.

If you where local I could put my Vac checker on it for you to see what it actually is doing.

If it doesnt build boost then well maybe you need to drop the exhaust and check

the flapper valve for seating and if any cracks or damage is evident.

Make sure the swing arm is free in movement and that the flapper seats.

Might have to look at locking it shut to see if it builds boost... Don't think its going to be that easy

Its always been in my mind that the flapper isn't seating properly... If I was to drop the dump off, will I need to replace the bolts with new ones?

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

Not Necessarily, but its always a good idea. BOlts in the turbo environment generally don't like going on and off too many times. Becomes easy to round the head and in some cases they can break

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...