Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 10m 29d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 01/06/03 10:56 PM Posted 01/06/03 10:56 PM I'll get an Auto .... when I'm 60 ... lolFlame proof suit goes on now !! hehehe l'm with you Robbo<safety in numbers> :D
NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 01/06/03 11:37 PM Posted 01/06/03 11:37 PM I have the auto, always liked manuals, but sorry this is way better and quicker than the manual box, no turbo lag between gears and lays rubber off the mark, come on manual boys bring it on!! (closed road of course)Hey, the manual XR6T lays rubber off the mark too. Some of you auto guys are really vicious with your comments! :angryfire: we are just mucking around :D ... aren't we? been a long long long time since the "auto guys" had something to be really proud of :lol: Knew I'd get a bite!!!
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 5d Gender: Male Posted 01/06/03 11:40 PM Posted 01/06/03 11:40 PM :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mals BA XR6T Member 381 Member For: 23y 9m 27d Location: Sydney Posted 02/06/03 02:59 AM Posted 02/06/03 02:59 AM SSS Auto - Sophisticated Performance :D
Guest Dis_Orderly Guests Posted 02/06/03 03:43 AM Posted 02/06/03 03:43 AM manuals are more funmore to do than just xlr8 and brake
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 02/06/03 03:48 AM Posted 02/06/03 03:48 AM I don't like the way it changes down....in a manual I always 'blip' the throttle on the way down, the auto won't do that it just sounds like some retard that doesn't blip the throttle as they slowly slip the clutch out....Dave.
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 02/06/03 03:55 AM Posted 02/06/03 03:55 AM Dave, I think there's proof on this particular thread that your last statement is untrue. See Cam's post.And I wouldn't go around boasting that you'll drag anyone off! There is always a bigger, badder, better car waiting! I'll give anything a go - hell, I'll even take on your BA XR6 Turbo. Do I expect to win, of course - cause I've got a V8 (AU). Will I win, probably not. But then in the not too distant future, an auto V8 will blow you away! I meant the all the stock XR6 autos on here....that's what I would beat...Dave.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 02/06/03 04:06 AM Posted 02/06/03 04:06 AM I've always enjoyed the sense of being part of the car in a manual ... nothing better than changing down in preparation for a tight corner, leaning in and out while accelerating hard to a higher gear on the other side ... oh yeh! :D
mercturbo Member 696 Member For: 23y 6m 13d Location: Geelong Posted 02/06/03 06:03 AM Posted 02/06/03 06:03 AM The thought of changing gears 50/100/200 times a day just for the extra bit of "fun" went out for me 10 years ago. Stick it in "D" or "PER" plant the foot that's plenty of fun, or if you're desperate for that "launch" you can do the hold the brake thing, the auto in this is so silky smooth and is part of the refined performance which I love, effortless power without worrying about rpm/clutches/bogging down. Having said that 10 years ago I would have bought the manual!!
Gareth Member 71 Member For: 23y 8m 23d Posted 02/06/03 06:14 AM Author Posted 02/06/03 06:14 AM Wow, people are so passionate about their preferences. My biggest decision when ordering was which way to go, Manual or Auto, that's why I started this thread.After 7,500 k's I have no regrets about the Auto. You can change down, and hold gears, and in some ways it's more versatile than the manual - so I reckon it is a good compromise.What an awesome car! Who cares how the gears change, really, it's just too much fun!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now