Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 07/01/09 10:40 AM Posted 07/01/09 10:40 AM I was thinking VIC law...The blue with the misses can have the same effect here though.
MRDOSE Member 1,195 Member For: 18y 9m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/01/09 12:55 PM Author Posted 07/01/09 12:55 PM well when you buy a gun swing bye bunnings n pick up a shovel to, cant ban you for ten years if she cant make a report
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 1m Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 07/01/09 09:15 PM Posted 07/01/09 09:15 PM I think each State will vary on this subject quite alot. I just know that in NSW most ppl dont bother taking the sport up anymore due to the licensing difficulties and strict storage requirements. A blue with the misses can even get you a 10 year ban and loss of all your firearms fairly easily.I.B.It's only pistol licensing that you need to attend atleast 10 meets a year I think it was.I looked into getting it myself but its not worth the hassle, I wanted a .45 for pig shooting but had to spend about $500 a year on bullets at comps just to keep it licensed... its crap really but I guess it keeps the pistols off the streets.There was a write-up in a SSAA magazine about 2 years ago saying how only 3% of shootings in Australia are with REGISTERED firearms, how goods that! The system is pretty tight but its as it needs to be... they need to lean off on the "C" cat rules, their a bit strict and stupid.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 1m Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 07/01/09 09:17 PM Posted 07/01/09 09:17 PM I was thinking VIC law...The blue with the misses can have the same effect here though. only if your deemed "A Prohibitive Person" due to a criminal offense... but not all criminal offenses will land u that.
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 13d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 18/01/18 01:45 PM Posted 18/01/18 01:45 PM Bump for saving a new thread - am going to start the road to a pistol/hand gun (cat H??) ticket shortly - anyone got hints?
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 22/01/18 02:15 AM Posted 22/01/18 02:15 AM Good luck Rab. Was a pain in the ass to get the rifle license here in WA. Gave up in the end. Unless you got a block of land big enough, it is not worth the hassle.
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 13d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 22/01/18 02:28 AM Posted 22/01/18 02:28 AM Yeah, spewing I didn't do it while I had land. Probably a 12+ month process from joining the local pistol club til I get my own gun home.
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 22/01/18 02:30 AM Posted 22/01/18 02:30 AM my biggest barrier was getting a safe installed in the house as I had opposition from the minister of war and finance. She would not allow firearms in the house even if it meant no ammo in the safe. That killed the deal for me.
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 13d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 22/01/18 02:35 AM Posted 22/01/18 02:35 AM Ah - that'd be an issue
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now