Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Frankston Nth,Vic
Posted

Actually works out cheaper. Above price works out to $340. So at 190 & 110 I wouldn't be complaining.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
Actually works out cheaper. Above price works out to $340. So at 190 & 110 I wouldn't be complaining.

Read the post mate. $165 for porting AND flapper. $165 for the actuator so $330 all up.

My quote was with no actuator so add $165 to my quote and you get $465. $165 for porting and flapper compared to $300 for porting and flapper. Would you be concerned?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Frankston Nth,Vic
Posted

Miss read. My appologies.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: north QLD
Posted
Read the post mate. $165 for porting AND flapper. $165 for the actuator so $330 all up.

My quote was with no actuator so add $165 to my quote and you get $465. $165 for porting and flapper compared to $300 for porting and flapper. Would you be concerned?

that's still cheaper then I paid at autotech down here in sydney. I paid $500 and that was just to giving them the turbo. I would not be complaining!!!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
that's still cheaper then I paid at autotech down here in sydney. I paid $500 and that was just to giving them the turbo. I would not be complaining!!!

My quote is for giving them the rear housing only. I've also removed the flapper and arm from housing!!! Look at the difference in quotes mate, only 4 months apart and from the same company! Seems as though I should just shut up and pay the extra $135 for the same job?? :beerchug:

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 26d
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

I got quoted $1,100

that's for them to do everything take turbo off, actuater,flapper and wastegate?

stuffed if I know.

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

Bloody hell, I took my turbo off and gave it and the actuator to Precision Turbochargers and they did the port, flapper and fitted my new actuator for $250!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: north QLD
Posted
Bloody hell, I took my turbo off and gave it and the actuator to Precision Turbochargers and they did the port, flapper and fitted my new actuator for $250!

haha that's bloody cheap pat.. if I knew any beta a year ago I deffently wood not of paid as much as I did lol..

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 6m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: QLD
Posted

Don't know about other places but when MR Turbo ports the wastegate it’s not just to make the hole bigger.

If you get only your wastegate ported what happens is your standard flapper is retained and the hole is bored out to its maximum so it still seals, then the inside of the housing is ported and the angle the exhaust gasses come to the flap are changed / improved and polished.

If you only go to the bigger 38'5mm flapper what happens is the standard flapper is removed. The exhaust housing is put in a mill. A new flapper seat is machined into the housing because the standard seat is not bigger enough for the big flap. The hole is bored out and the new 38.5mm flapper is installed. The hole is bored to suit the bigger flap but the housing is not ported.

MR Turbo quote both of these things as separate.

They also sell the 38.5mm flap valves by them self for other mechanics and exhaust shops to fit them.

If you wanted to get it all done and installed you would have to give them the turbo and ask for: The Big wastegate flap, Porting and new wastegate actuator / can.

Three separate things.

What one person calls porting is not the same as the next guy.

The pictures I have seen on this site have been of the hole been bored but not ported.

They only work on turbos not cars so the turbo would have to be take off and given to them.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 14d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
I got a quote from the same place today for porting $190 and larger flapper is $110. WTF!!

maybe he quoted u for porting of the actual ex housing, not just enlarging the wastegate ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...