fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 30/11/03 03:15 AM Author Posted 30/11/03 03:15 AM yeah, I mean removing the centre muffler on a T is about the best thing you can do exhaust-wise, it would be like putting a herrod exhaust on an XR8 with a uni-pod-thingo, THEN the 8 would be just walking away from you and sound better in the process...I donno, turbo guys say their is faster, XR8 guys say theirs is faster......there's only one way to settle this, I'll borrow an XR8 from the dealer for the weekend and I'll drag someone on here in a turbo, closed road of course Dave.
curious Member 504 Member For: 22y 11m 7d Location: sun, beach and plenty of T T's Posted 30/11/03 05:49 AM Posted 30/11/03 05:49 AM I drove a Maloo ute the other day as a favour, the note on that thing was incredible. I know its the dark side but the sound was beautiful
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 30/11/03 09:01 AM Posted 30/11/03 09:01 AM yeah, I mean removing the centre muffler on a T is about the best thing you can do exhaust-wise, it would be like putting a herrod exhaust on an XR8 with a uni-pod-thingo, THEN the 8 would be just walking away from you and sound better in the process...I donno, turbo guys say their is faster, XR8 guys say theirs is faster......there's only one way to settle this, I'll borrow an XR8 from the dealer for the weekend and I'll drag someone on here in a turbo, closed road of course Dave. Don't even bother unless its got at least 5000 k's on the clock as they are extremely tight motors when new but they start to really hammer with a few k's on them. I'm picking up my new Lightning Strike XR8 next week and I'm going to have to go through the whole running in process again. My current one has 8500km's on it and its been getting better and better up to that point.
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 02/12/03 07:36 AM Author Posted 02/12/03 07:36 AM yeah well if I can get an XR8 at a good price compared to a Turbo then that will be the go I think.....well at least that's what I think at this point....Keep those stories coming though, I need more reasons to make that final plunge! has anyone considered a V8 XT manual??for me it's like 7 grand cheaper then the turbo and according to the melbounre dyno day results, they make more rwkws (201rwkws vs 180-195rwkws from the turbo)any thoughts on that??Dave.
plonky The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium Member 1,766 Member For: 23y 6m Location: Dodge Scat Pack Posted 03/12/03 03:01 AM Posted 03/12/03 03:01 AM has anyone considered a V8 XT manual??for me it's like 7 grand cheaper then the turbo and according to the melbounre dyno day results, they make more rwkws (201rwkws vs 180-195rwkws from the turbo)any thoughts on that??Dave. I know of one at the moment that is going for a very good price. It is Narooma blue, sports suspension, auto, LSD, 16inch alloys. PM me and I will put you onto the dealer prinicipal (he's a very close friend)The XR8 air cleaner box will bolt straight on to give a greater sound!A seriously good car and Ford have done nothing to move them along, instead they have just relied upon the natural success of the XR range!
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 05/12/03 03:20 AM Author Posted 05/12/03 03:20 AM what about the performance of the Barra 220?? I heard it was rev-limited to something 5250!!!!Dave.
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/12/03 07:49 AM Posted 05/12/03 07:49 AM I have a turbo ute and my father in-law just picked up a v8 xt sedan today. I only have 500km on mine and they are both autos.Being that the ute is heavier than the sedan it should even out the extra weight of the V8 so stay tuned guys and I will be sure to let you know which one is quicker after a few kays. Mine does have cold air and centre muffler removed though.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/12/03 08:22 AM Posted 05/12/03 08:22 AM has anyone considered a V8 XT manual??for me it's like 7 grand cheaper then the turbo and according to the melbounre dyno day results, they make more rwkws (201rwkws vs 180-195rwkws from the turbo)any thoughts on that??Dave. My opinion of those results is something must be wrong somewhere!How can a XTV8 that "should" only have a 220kw motor on board make 201kw at the wheels? That means he is only losing 19kw through drivetrain loss? Doubt it.XR6T's make 240 at the fly, and usually spit out 190kw at the treads. This reading sounds about right. But the XTV8 reading is a little optimistic methinks........
Guest ozzyjim Guests Posted 05/12/03 01:51 PM Posted 05/12/03 01:51 PM Whats the reason for the 50 killowatt loss on the 6T? I thought it would/should be around 30 killowatts.CheersJim
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 07/12/03 03:01 AM Author Posted 07/12/03 03:01 AM yeah I know dude, but it was an Auto XLS V8 ute, with a dog on the back.it made that 201rwkws in shoot out mode and with other XRTs making anything between 180-200rwkws, this is why I asked...xrdreaming => I would be very interested to see the result of that...err....encounter can your father in-law drive or is he a bit soft?Dave.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now