CDAA WASP GT Member 138 Member For: 23y 11m 11d Location: Adelaide Posted 09/07/04 01:20 PM Posted 09/07/04 01:20 PM My XR8 has now done 4500km only, but the difference from new is quite noticable.I must say that Police pack sounds interesting plonky!!
BA_Turbs Member 836 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Posted 09/07/04 01:32 PM Posted 09/07/04 01:32 PM "Police Pack" only available to the Police will be the 290kw engine with FPV suspension, Performance brakes in the 'light' optioned body in an attempt to halt flagging Police orders. "Ex-Police vehicle" will mean something at auction again! Now that would be a car!
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 09/07/04 01:42 PM Author Posted 09/07/04 01:42 PM will they sell these cop packs to the public??that would be nice!Dave.
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 10/07/04 05:17 PM Author Posted 10/07/04 05:17 PM ok I've had a thought! and yes, it did hurt....considering I won't be able to spend much money on the BA as I'm just a poor starving student. I think the XR8 would be better....here's my theory; if you want to make anymore then 210rwkws with a BA turbo you have to use a chip as the computer stops the show (and that's a good $1600), but with an XR8 you can very easily get 230rwkws without chipping it.you can get underdrive pulleys and helix throttle body spacers which are meant to make a hell of difference, a couple of guys from other forums have said that the Helix spacer has added at least 120kms to a tank of fuel!DT performance in Adelaide have got an extra 30rwkws out of an XR8 ute with just a cat back exhaust and filter change! try doing that in a T!I'm not saying I've made up my mind but it's a very good point and there's that bulge and THAT NOTE!!Dave.
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 12d Location: Birkdale Posted 12/07/04 07:49 PM Posted 12/07/04 07:49 PM I have heard that guys that have had XR8s now for some time are saying that they are much faster now they have loosen up...anyone care to comment on this?Dave. My comments would be the XR8 is still slow (if that is the right word) - its bloody fast, but not as fast as a T.I bought my turbo after my mate from uni bought his XR8 ute, manual of course. And Friday night saw him in town so we went out for a cruise. Inevitably we ended up having a race, once from a rolling start and twice from a stand still. And I pumped him three times. Everytime the turbo comes on boost I put 2m on him. The effect is lessened in the higher gears, but it is clear the turbo has much more mid range torque.He wasn't upset at all, he bought the car for the V8, the fact that its almost as fast is good enough for him! I certainly looks better!But my Turbo has 3000kms on it and the XR8 has 10,500kms so there goes the theory that they get faster with age.
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 13/07/04 07:40 AM Author Posted 13/07/04 07:40 AM hmmmm interesting...thanx for your input, very duely noted...Dave.
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 13/07/04 07:41 AM Author Posted 13/07/04 07:41 AM yours is a ute yeah?Dave.
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 12d Location: Birkdale Posted 13/07/04 08:32 AM Posted 13/07/04 08:32 AM Sure is!
BA_Turbs Member 836 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Posted 13/07/04 09:30 AM Posted 13/07/04 09:30 AM The Boss motors can take up to 20,000kms to come into their own though. As Confuscious once said "It would be an UNwise man that discounted the XR8 too early".
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/07/04 09:34 AM Posted 13/07/04 09:34 AM DT performance in Adelaide have got an extra 30rwkws out of an XR8 ute with just a cat back exhaust and filter change! try doing that in a T! And you have proof of this occurance?30rwkw? approx 50kw at the fly? 310 total? Filter change? What filter, oil filter, fuel filter, pollen filter, alir filter......I'll believe it when I see it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now