ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 12/12/08 10:34 PM Posted 12/12/08 10:34 PM Dont let a dumb salesman put you off buying a car, if that was the case, there would be no new cars anywhere!If only I could share some of the stories from down here.........
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 13/12/08 06:31 AM Author Posted 13/12/08 06:31 AM just thought.. someone from a ford yard.. would have atleast basic knowledge of what trans is in a phoon..
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 13/12/08 08:55 AM Posted 13/12/08 08:55 AM that's nuffin. Was at Coffee Ford in Dandenong for those in the know, wanted to show my cousin what a Phoon looked like. I asked the salesman 'Hey mate, you got any Typhoons in the yard?', he umms and rrrrrs for a bit than says 'Not at the moment, but theres an F6 over there' LOL...
RapidF6 Member 125 Member For: 18y 1m Gender: Male Location: Fremantle, W.A. Posted 14/12/08 03:33 AM Posted 14/12/08 03:33 AM Did he point you in the direction of a BA/BF or FG?
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 14/12/08 03:41 AM Posted 14/12/08 03:41 AM Yeah he did. Twas a BF phoon
TURBOXR I miss her... Legacy Donating Member 703 Member For: 22y 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/12/08 04:34 AM Posted 14/12/08 04:34 AM I once had a spare parts guy tell me that ba xr dont come with foglights. Even though mine was parked behind me. And I had one in my hand. Then he went and got me a cornering lamp from a fairmont.
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 11d Location: Perth WA Posted 15/12/08 01:37 AM Posted 15/12/08 01:37 AM gotta love salesmen and their 'facts' sometimes haha "when 350z's hit 60kph they have zero wind resistance""of course the BA GT is faster than the LS2/297kw Clubsports""you will never get a car like this for an offer like that" - 2 days later car gets sent to a sister dealership where I am waiting chequebook in hand for the exact same amount.
RapidF6 Member 125 Member For: 18y 1m Gender: Male Location: Fremantle, W.A. Posted 16/12/08 09:49 AM Posted 16/12/08 09:49 AM Yeah he did. Twas a BF phoonHaha! That's shameful. I mean 'Typhoon' is badged on the car in like three locations on the outside...
Rootster Just a large member member Legacy Donating Member 3,125 Member For: 17y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 16/12/08 11:37 AM Posted 16/12/08 11:37 AM was down at ford today, because my misses was looking at this dodge caliber in the yard.. so after a lil chat and the test drive we came back.. I asked how many gears does the auto have.. and he turns to me and sez this has the 6spd in it.. unlike your phoon with the 4spd... I just looked at him... a ford dealer... telling me my phoon was a 4spd.. not to sure if I wanna go bak there now..If he knew his stuff he would of told you it had a four speed toploader with an xa shifter.lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now