tongueboy Member 457 Member For: 23y 5m 28d Gender: Male Location: Tamworth, Armidale NSW Posted 16/04/03 11:54 AM Posted 16/04/03 11:54 AM I think it was just over $850 but that's for a old bloke like me at 40 mate I wish I was that old(45 for me)!!!! :(
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 16/04/03 12:50 PM Posted 16/04/03 12:50 PM Mine is $1780 with Just Car Insurance, rating 3, 2 speeding fines in last 5 years, no at fault accidents. My age is 24 and I live in Adelaide.Tongueboy, if you want to see what a lot of us are paying for insurance, check out http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...T&f=2&t=98&st=0.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 10m 26d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 19/05/03 09:49 PM Author Posted 19/05/03 09:49 PM Do insurance costs on the T6 appear to be remaining static or are they edging up as some have feared as more get out on the streets?BTW l was quoted $775 to insure a GT, compared with $465 for the XR6T, both with RACV. Not too bad l reckon.
Gareth Member 71 Member For: 23y 8m 20d Posted 20/05/03 02:14 AM Posted 20/05/03 02:14 AM Just renewed mine with AAMI and it was $915. That's covering the extras as well (premium brakes, sound, leather, sunroof, etc). I did have a claim with them with my last car and the repairs were a bit ordinary so I complained and they got them fixed perfectly. I don't think it was their fault - it was the repairer (however they could have checked before giving it back - the inside of the car was filthy - it was a soft top).I live in Sydney, so I figure $900 is really good.
Gareth Member 71 Member For: 23y 8m 20d Posted 20/05/03 02:15 AM Posted 20/05/03 02:15 AM Oh, I should mention, 70% NCB!
DavoWA Proud Team Blueprint member Member 286 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Location: Perth Posted 20/05/03 05:33 AM Posted 20/05/03 05:33 AM Got a quote for mine at $1208. 45 yrs old, 60% NCB, Perth metro.The lease company quoted turbo same as N/A, $860. I took that!!I don't know how such variances can be justified - from $460 odd to $1700.It seems like the $700-$900 range is about right.
Guest OXR-747 Guests Posted 21/05/03 04:24 AM Posted 21/05/03 04:24 AM I'm 25 on the Gold Coast and through RACQ it cost me $740.
Charliewool Member 375 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 21/05/03 01:37 PM Posted 21/05/03 01:37 PM Do insurance costs on the T6 appear to be remaining static or are they edging up as some have feared as more get out on the streets?BTW l was quoted $775 to insure a GT, compared with $465 for the XR6T, both with RACV. Not too bad l reckon. Simon... Wish you had of posted THAT 2 weeks ago!... Just paid AAMI $1030 for the Pursuit... Rating 1, garaged, no lease or finance, Turbo & house also with them. I thought it alright, until reading you being quoted $775 !.. My policy also states "No under 30's".... Ripped off ( again!) BTW turbo is $720
Guest BarraTurbo6 Guests Posted 21/05/03 04:13 PM Posted 21/05/03 04:13 PM mine cost $870, not sure which company. Its included in my lease
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 10m 26d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 21/05/03 10:51 PM Author Posted 21/05/03 10:51 PM Do insurance costs on the T6 appear to be remaining static or are they edging up as some have feared as more get out on the streets?BTW l was quoted $775 to insure a GT, compared with $465 for the XR6T, both with RACV. Not too bad l reckon.Simon... Wish you had of posted THAT 2 weeks ago!... Just paid AAMI $1030 for the Pursuit... Rating 1, garaged, no lease or finance, Turbo & house also with them. I thought it alright, until reading you being quoted $775 !.. My policy also states "No under 30's".... Ripped off ( again!) BTW turbo is $720l am a country bumpkin though Charlie so that's probably the difference. Your quote for the Pursuit sounds reasonable to me, and the difference between that and the XR6T is about the same as l was quoted between the XR6T and a GT. that's the price of being a city slicker.You could always goto RACV and cancel your existing policies, they may give you a discount with 2 cars
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now