Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • NOT THERE!... THERE!
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Nice way of keeping it legal.

Looks pretty sweet too I reckon.

  • Boost Addict
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, W.A.
Posted

you know how it has the red panal inside, coz the bulbs are white they are just a layer to make it red yeah?

whats the posibilty of removing that sh*t, and then just using coloured globes?

Posted

Why? Clear lights are the riciest thing on a car & would ruin a T :spoton:

Doubt you'd find the right sized globes anyway but you could try at your local auto shop... Just see if they can order something in.

  • Boost Addict
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, W.A.
Posted

coz it makes them brighter when you tint them

rather than going threw that red layer and then the black layer,

it would just have the black lense to go threw.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted (edited)

Doing mine today.

Thought I would post some pics up for all to see the progress so far.

I put em in at about 80 degrees C

Took about 10mins but still the sealant wasnt real soft.. still managed to force them off the lens case though,

if anything I was a little heavy handed..

Theyre sitting outside in the sun at the moment warming up almost ready for the first coat.

Not going to go too dark.

Final pics will be up this arvo

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

Too damn windy to paint em at the moment...

Might have to paint em inside the house.

Ok. This is after 2 lights coats.

I held it up to the car and it looks pretty much perfect - not too dark, but not as it was.

Just sprayed on the 3rd coat after taking these pics, prob wont have em back on the car before tomorrow now, is getting dark, and they wont really be dry.

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Just glued them back onto the lens case, letting them dry till the morning.

The 2 bottom pics look lighter than they actually are.. the top one is pretty much the true shade.

Am pretty happy with them, not really really black, glad I didnt go overboard, as I tend to with things..

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Edited by Dagabond
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted (edited)

looks excelent champ :spoton: im gunna have to try this gain n not break em lol I got some spare lights of ebay comin anyway just incase hahaha

Edited by MRDOSE
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

haha I was sh*tting myself at one point, was playin xbox, and suddenly realised I had the lenses in the oven, that was after about 12 minutes on the second one, but it turned out ok.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

All done.

In hindsight I couldve gone a little darker, im not pulling em apart ever again though, and prob best to go not quite as dark as you wanted it than just too dark.

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

  • NOT THERE!... THERE!
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

:icon_ford:

That's exactly what I was gunna say.

Nice one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...