bluute Cant wait to drive it Legacy Donating Member 884 Member For: 18y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Golden Bay,WA Posted 20/12/08 05:09 AM Author Posted 20/12/08 05:09 AM looks great mate glad it turned out well looks so much better than the clear after market jobs too you can get away with another coat or two on the sedans as the ute lights are black inside not chrome which makes them a little brighter
bluey1 Member 68 Member For: 17y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/04/09 07:53 AM Posted 19/04/09 07:53 AM Can this night shade stuff be removed at all? I tried this today and I must admit it was a massive failure. Geting the lens off was impossible without craking bits off. when it finally came off with a bit off force and it came time to spray the first coat, it streaked a fair bit which I stupidly tried to correct only to make it worse. if I go dark enough will the streaky-ness disappear or is it better to just remove it all and start again? assuming it can be removed...
bluute Cant wait to drive it Legacy Donating Member 884 Member For: 18y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Golden Bay,WA Posted 19/04/09 10:31 AM Author Posted 19/04/09 10:31 AM Can this night shade stuff be removed at all? I tried this today and I must admit it was a massive failure. Geting the lens off was impossible without craking bits off. when it finally came off with a bit off force and it came time to spray the first coat, it streaked a fair bit which I stupidly tried to correct only to make it worse. if I go dark enough will the streaky-ness disappear or is it better to just remove it all and start again? assuming it can be removed...It can be removed mate same as paint etc.. read the back of the can it has clean-up instructions When you do it you only spray ONE light coat at a time let it touch dry then the next coat it will be impossible to get runs if you do this if the lenses aint coming off easily then turn up the oven temp a little the glue will soften always do it coat by coat putting the lense back on the housing temporarily with tape and slotting it back into the car to check the darkness is advisable too so you get it right the first time
sixappeal Small Member™ Legacy Donating Member 2,015 Member For: 18y 7m 25d Gender: Female Location: Perrrf. WA. Aus. ™ Posted 19/04/09 10:35 AM Posted 19/04/09 10:35 AM Looooks mint!!
ravenhard Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 18y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Blacktown! Posted 25/10/09 02:38 AM Posted 25/10/09 02:38 AM wow this is such a hard mod to do. I just wrecked a tail light I got by first using too much heat, then applying too much force. Lucky I got this pair of light from ebay for $10 and a 10minute drive. Some hints as I practised on this set before I go a buy another pair of light(if anybody has got some let me know)Firstly take the chrome garnish off before putting it in the oven.I used a stanley knife to "cut" the sealent a few times before prying it off with a flathead. Pry and cut between the red lens and black bit as in photo.Dont put it in the oven like I did for too long. I first put it in for 5 mins on 100C, then when that didnt work I cranked it up to 15C for 15mins. This melted the lens and it sorted melted the lens inwards a bit on the clear bit and red bit so its now concaved(doesnt matter as I broke the lens anyways). Any other hints from people who have done this easily?
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/10/09 05:14 AM Posted 25/10/09 05:14 AM I just cleaned mine and sprayed it straight on, looks dull at first but shined up after about a month. It's doesn't look to glossy either like it can do if you spray the inside.
KLR250 Member 60 Member For: 16y 5m 16d Posted 21/04/10 01:24 PM Posted 21/04/10 01:24 PM I only sprayed mine on the outside,but im not happy with it,but it'll do
Anchor Member 270 Member For: 16y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Posted 07/07/10 08:43 AM Posted 07/07/10 08:43 AM Painter done mine today. Dunno how he done them. They look pretty darn neat up close. Also done the indicators and the reflectors on the rear bar. As well as debadging the whole car.
Brad-D Member 29 Member For: 17y 8m Posted 07/07/10 09:37 AM Posted 07/07/10 09:37 AM Any1 here been defected for tinted lights??
berzerker Legacy Donating Member 767 Member For: 18y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/07/10 02:51 PM Posted 07/07/10 02:51 PM Anchor did you spray the inside or outside of the lens?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now