Ubeautee Member 8 Member For: 18y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/10/08 10:09 PM Posted 19/10/08 10:09 PM Hi all, I've also gone & bought the FG (Feels Great) XR6T. My dilemma though is that 5 yrs ago I bought a Sony Ericsson P900 PDA phone with all the bells, whistles & horns but I am unable to pair the phone with the FG Bluetooth kit. The P900 phone pairs with the FG kit but after the pairing process the SE P900 isn't listed as being paired in the FG console display which means I can’t Bluetooth/sync the phone to the car kit. Now the SE P900 cost me $1300.00 back then & at this point I don't wish to buy a new phone as I still like the SE P900 functionality & all it provides. Apparently the P900 has the 1st bluethooth#1 capabilities & I’m thinking that the FG kit is Bluetooth #2 & above. Does anyone have similar issues with SE phones or the similar with the same pairing issue? I’ve upgraded my phones firmware to the latest revision & to no joy of success with pairing. I would have thought that the FG Bluetooth kit would be backwards compatible.Any feedback or assistance regarding the FG Bluetooth kit & its specs would be fully appreciated... Cheers!!
BlackFGXR6 Inactive Members 1 Member For: 17y 11m 22d Posted 09/03/09 01:40 AM Posted 09/03/09 01:40 AM Hi just want to know if the Motorola V9 is on the list. the bluetooth kit connects and works, its just that I cant voice dial, answer calls via the steering wheel, hang up the same way etc etc etc. Paid good money for the kit and the phone isnt that old. I had a motorola handsfree kit in it before and it worked fine.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/03/09 02:34 AM Posted 09/03/09 02:34 AM Everyone should check to make sure they are running the latest Bluetooth firmware on their phones. You should also ask Ford to update the Blurtooth module in the car.I would like to know if anyone gets Caller ID on the ICC screen. I only see the phone number, even if it is in my contacts.I have not found a way to push out the address book to the car yet.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 09/03/09 02:56 AM Posted 09/03/09 02:56 AM Get the same Mal, but haven't bothered worrying about it as my Palm announces the callers in any case. Although I’m not sure if that's a phone incompatibility or not.
timmy Massive Tool Legacy Donating Member 567 Member For: 18y 15d Gender: Male Posted 09/03/09 06:49 AM Posted 09/03/09 06:49 AM I have a phone that is on Fords list of fully compatible phone. I only get numbers on the screen as well.Spoke to Ford hotline and they tell me its a Nokia problem, ring Nokia they tell me its a Ford problem.Got sick of going in circles so have left it alone for now!
bunna Legacy Donating Member 813 Member For: 20y 1m 3d Posted 11/03/09 10:17 AM Posted 11/03/09 10:17 AM I have a "fully supported phone" and I can't get it to display contacts when I'm being called. We can't really do much about it at Ford - bluetooth is a consistent source of TGW concern but all we can do is complain to our supplier, Sumitomo, and put pressure on them.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 11/03/09 10:22 AM Posted 11/03/09 10:22 AM Well if you can't get it to work what hope have us humble folk got...please keep us posted!
KeepLeft Member 240 Member For: 17y 2m 27d Gender: Male Posted 04/07/09 02:00 PM Posted 04/07/09 02:00 PM To get the full functions, you need Bluetooth SIM Access Profile on your phone.Make sure you have the latest ROM loaded on the phone as it is still a new technology.Just a note. Having Bluetooth SIM Access Profile on it's own is not enough. You must also have a fully compatible phone. My phone definitely has the SIM Access Profile stuff all enabled, but I still don't get numbers showing up.
KeepLeft Member 240 Member For: 17y 2m 27d Gender: Male Posted 07/07/09 07:51 AM Posted 07/07/09 07:51 AM (edited) I have a "fully supported phone" and I can't get it to display contacts when I'm being called. We can't really do much about it at Ford - bluetooth is a consistent source of TGW concern but all we can do is complain to our supplier, Sumitomo, and put pressure on them. It's such a shame.. it's the little things like this that separate my G6E from the entry level euro cars. Tell your supplier to get it right or you'll find someone else who will Edited 07/07/09 07:51 AM by KeepLeft
snakeoilstu Member 26 Member For: 17y 9m 21d Gender: Male Location: Upper Hutt NZ Posted 07/07/09 08:36 AM Posted 07/07/09 08:36 AM I've found the connection seems to drop out quite a lot. Screen on the car says ""phone not connected"" and the bluetooth icon disappears, then I curse a bit, run over a couple of pedstrians, hammer the snot out of the steering wheel paddle, and sometimes....... it reconnects. Can't be sure who'se dropping the ball though...the ford or my realtively unreliable HTC touch phone. Anyone else have the same trouble ??Cheers Stu
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now