Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Yaris member
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 13d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I would love to see a super slow mo video of that... it would look pretty sweet!

how much is a tail shaft for one of these? are there any stronger options?

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Mauz,

Bad luck, but this is always a possibility.

I don't use much boost because it is a waste of time because of excessive wheelslip off the line at wsid.

I think with the really sticky track you have at the moment at Calder the temptation is naturally to use more boost each launch until you get wheelslip.

Are you going to get a standard tailshaft, or have a stronger item made?

Brian

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

just get a thinker walled tailshaft made up using your existing uni-joints, would be cheaper then buying a new one...

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

:buttrock:

That's impressive!

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

Doing damage can be bit of a set back but it sure is impressive to know you have the power to do it

I don't think anyone has done that yet...

I've seen it done once, but the driver got off it befor it actually broke in half, it had a big enough bend in it to be hitting other under car components.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: syd south
Posted

check out all the oil/ grease that has been spraying on the trans tunnel.

either your rear seal is rooted or the uni joint is leaking grease

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 13d
Posted
Doing damage can be bit of a set back but it sure is impressive to know you have the power to do it

I've seen it done once, but the driver got off it befor it actually broke in half, it had a big enough bend in it to be hitting other under car components.

I too have heard of 2 others that have done it.

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

Fark

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

The car makes 410rwkw on the race tune and the car felt fine on the drive to the track.

Unfortunately I didn't really think my launch through. Too much boost and a really sticky track is a baad idea.

I will be putting a stocker back in as I don't intend to put that much stress through it again lol.

I'll be keeping one piece as a memento. May even frame it and hang it somewhere :stupid:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...