Guest Guests Posted 01/07/08 10:09 AM Posted 01/07/08 10:09 AM I don't think it takes that much power/maybe stalling up on the brake to much does it. I've had 2 tailshafts replaced under warrentee. both started vibrating after runs at the drags. after replacement I asked what was wrong. both times they said it was twisted.
CSV_LS1 Member 303 Member For: 22y 7m 3d Gender: Male Posted 01/07/08 10:09 AM Author Posted 01/07/08 10:09 AM so I take it, it's boosting off the line now?sorry to here it let go though. DavidYes mate. Worked like a charm lol. Thanks for fixing it for me.Looks like I may be going to a stronger tailshaft now.
GreenXR6T Legacy Donating Member 630 Member For: 21y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 01/07/08 02:20 PM Posted 01/07/08 02:20 PM You don't do things by halves.Top job
2MUCHKW Member 350 Member For: 20y 5m 16d Posted 02/07/08 01:21 AM Posted 02/07/08 01:21 AM Yes mate. Worked like a charm lol. Thanks for fixing it for me.Looks like I may be going to a stronger tailshaft now.Maybe you should get a group buy price for 10 stronger chrome molly tube drive shafts to be made? There are quite a few BF F6 Typhoon owners on this forum running similar power levels to your car so the driveshaft failure can obviously happen to any of us if we try hard enough lolCheersJustin
MYWPN Legacy Donating Member 554 Member For: 21y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: Bendigo Posted 02/07/08 04:42 AM Posted 02/07/08 04:42 AM Yes mate. Worked like a charm lol. Thanks for fixing it for me.Looks like I may be going to a stronger tailshaft now.HOW MUCH BOOST ARE YOU LEAVING THE LINE WITH?
CSV_LS1 Member 303 Member For: 22y 7m 3d Gender: Male Posted 03/07/08 02:14 AM Author Posted 03/07/08 02:14 AM I didn't pay attention to the amount of boost I stalled up on. Though I've boosted upto 10psi with FSIX's car without issue.The custom tailshaft is just a factory spec. It's cheaper to do that than buy from Ford.
XR6Turbo22 Member 86 Member For: 19y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/07/08 04:11 AM Posted 03/07/08 04:11 AM (edited) say no more. Edited 03/07/08 04:12 AM by XR6Turbo22
FSIX Member 566 Member For: 20y 11m 10d Posted 03/07/08 12:55 PM Posted 03/07/08 12:55 PM Are these easy to fit Mark?BrianHi Brian, there 6 mm plate trying to fit them neatly can be a problem drilling holes through the floor to fix it properly.A lot of the LS1 guys weld them in the strengthened part of the tunnel.I did see another one it bolted on the gearbox with a rail and loop, going to have a look at having something like this made 1st.pic below a standard tail shaft loop cost around $50.
ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 03/07/08 01:09 PM Posted 03/07/08 01:09 PM I just knocked up a tailshaft loop that bolts to the gearbox crossmember, much neater than drilling holes through the floor and much easier to fit.I am thinking of doing a batch of loops if there is any interest as I know how much of a pain it can be do
FSIX Member 566 Member For: 20y 11m 10d Posted 05/07/08 03:36 AM Posted 05/07/08 03:36 AM Yes I am interested, send me a PM with price and pictures when ready..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now