tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/05/08 04:30 AM Posted 15/05/08 04:30 AM For the car to be able to drive while the alarm is active, it normally indicates that the alarm does not have a immobilizer function, but rather is only a 'siren' type alarm. If this is the case, might be worth looking at having a new alarm installed which actually has a immobilizer function also...The immobiliser function comes standard on all falcons, as soon as the coded key is put in the ignition it’s disabled.
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/05/08 04:37 AM Posted 15/05/08 04:37 AM An edit and 16 PSI will fix this, just adda bigger IC, fuel pump, injectors, cat and some other bits and pieces to help keep the engine safe.Scotty
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 15/05/08 04:40 AM Posted 15/05/08 04:40 AM The immobiliser function comes standard on all falcons, as soon as the coded key is put in the ignition it’s disabled.Correct Sir! well done!
smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 15/05/08 06:46 AM Posted 15/05/08 06:46 AM The immobiliser function comes standard on all falcons, as soon as the coded key is put in the ignition it’s disabled.Correct Sir! well done! Yes - guys you are correct...They are stock.... have been since the EA (ford) I think???What I was referring to was if the alarm is engaged (going off) the alarm 'should' also prevent the car from starting/being drivable...I know that some alarms dont, and as the car is drivable while the alarm is going off, it obviously indicates that the alarm is not connected to the immobilizer... However what I was trying to say was that it is worth getting an alarm with immobilizer function also...Made the assumption that the alarm was a basic 'siren' alarm only in this case...Had a mates car with a basic alarm stolen as they bypassed the immobilizer somehow (I dont know details on this however that's all he said) - since I make it a point to get an alarm with one build in also... (extra 20$ on many upgrade alarms)...I have bypassed alarm immobilizer myself on the old Liby GT - however only as the alarm has a problem... But still worth the extra 'I Believe'....
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/05/08 07:46 AM Posted 15/05/08 07:46 AM It is only a problem because the alarm is somehow faulty yes? If someone is going to go to the effort of disabling an immobiliser, I'm pretty sure they'd be disabling the alarm as well.....so it wouldn’t really achieve too much at all.Apologies if I'm not getting your point, but it makes no sense for my rather simple mind
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 15/05/08 08:45 AM Posted 15/05/08 08:45 AM I had an alarm on an EBXR8 that used to have the annoying feature of opening and shutting the door locks at random. This then extended to setting the alarm off, and it always seemed to be at one set of traffic lights on the 100 kph road.In the end what I found wrong was a poor earth for the siren unit to the body. Never had any of these issues again.
MICKAJ Member 245 Member For: 18y 7m 5d Posted 16/06/08 08:34 AM Posted 16/06/08 08:34 AM Stop stealing cars
Chich Damn You's A Sexy Chich Member 3,843 Member For: 18y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Your House Posted 16/06/08 08:38 AM Posted 16/06/08 08:38 AM Stop stealing cars try starting YOUR car
DesFlurane Member 351 Member For: 20y 5m 12d Gender: Male Posted 16/06/08 09:58 AM Posted 16/06/08 09:58 AM My alarm has started playing up BF F6.Checked the battery and sure enough only a quarter charged.Haven't checked if the trickle charger worked as I haven't connected up the siren again.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now