senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 27/04/08 01:19 AM Posted 27/04/08 01:19 AM (edited) G'Day All, just had a thought about organising a Monthly Dinner in Sydney for Donating Members and Mods to attend.The idea would just be to get together and have a chat, get to know the faces of members and enjoy some good food!The SAU boys do it monthly and I thought maybe there would be some people here intersted. I've started the thread in Donating Members because I feel that DM's would be a little more interested in this as they have a real appreciation of the Forum. In saying that I don't think it would be an issue if the regular members came along, but we'll see what the response is.Let me know your thoughts guys, I'm happy to organise a different place each month, or if we like a certain place we can make it a ritual.Cheers,Pat Edited 28/11/08 02:41 PM by Dagabond
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 27/04/08 01:22 AM Posted 27/04/08 01:22 AM Make it a BBQ.
Trish Member 155 Member For: 19y 6m 2d Gender: Female Location: Victoria Posted 27/04/08 01:53 AM Posted 27/04/08 01:53 AM Pat, That is a awesome idea!
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 27/04/08 01:56 AM Author Posted 27/04/08 01:56 AM Cheers Trish, I just think it is a bit easier to organise than a cruise because it can be afterwork, the logistics are simple and we achieve the goal that all car enthusiasts have - talking about crap! Slymeat - I'd have it at my place, but then you'd all know where I live!
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/04/08 02:03 AM Posted 27/04/08 02:03 AM Pat, I am one of the origional SAU dinner regulars for the past 4 years.The biggest problem we always have is the location and time/date. We usually have them on a Thursday at 7:30pm, but the attendence seems to vary based on the location.I would always be interested in a F6T dinner, but I imagine we will have the same problems with location, time and date.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 23d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 27/04/08 02:05 AM Posted 27/04/08 02:05 AM Are there free flights involved?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 27/04/08 02:05 AM Author Posted 27/04/08 02:05 AM (edited) Ahh, well I guess you weren't at the one at Radio Cairo a month or so ago ZAP?I would be trying to get a realtively mutual location for the nights, I'm just going to gauge the interest from here before I start to work out locations.If people want to mention the area they live in, I can try and work something out Dags, just to get you off the couch I'll pay for your first flight! Edited 27/04/08 02:06 AM by senna_T
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 27/04/08 02:11 AM Posted 27/04/08 02:11 AM sounds like a good idea to me.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/04/08 02:18 AM Posted 27/04/08 02:18 AM Pat,I avoid the city ones as it is a PIA to get to and the wife was out that night.I generally keep to the Northside ones or Thai in Annandale...mmmm volcanic chicken.....Northside or inner west locations for me
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 27/04/08 02:23 AM Author Posted 27/04/08 02:23 AM Ah, ok fair enough, well imagine going to Cremmorne from Campbelltown - I'm glad we took a mates R33!I'll watch this for the next couple of days, maybe a list is good:1) Senna_T2) ZAP3) Revheadrobbo ?4) ...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now