Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

the difference is well explored - 100 octane (90% 98octane and 10% ethanol) offers NOTHING over 98 without a tune... with a tune, however... definitely worth it!

  • MattyP
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 4m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

It liked it on my stock tune.

I love all ethanol fuels though so I'm biased

  • Like 1
  • Expert
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: North Jamberoo, NSW
Posted

Ok thanks I did see E85 but wasnt game enough to put it in. Yes or no? Car is stock.

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

smart move... E85 in a stock car can break stuff... 100 isn't detrimental so it's OK to use it, but as I said, it's not really worth it.

  • Like 1
  • MattyP
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 4m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

I blend e85 with 91 to boost it to around 98 Ron and 20% ethanol.

Every car I've done that too has been happy with it

  • Expert
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: North Jamberoo, NSW
Posted

Thought so but sad thing is we dont have united servo near me. so its 98 all the way

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I didn't mention anything about blending hahaha, there's too many variables when it comes to blends. You'd have to consult somebody who you trust (tuner) to be sure of the blend you want to run.

  • MattyP
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 4m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

Oh I wouldn't tune with a blend

Way too many variables.

But stock tunes love it

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 4m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Shellharbour NSW
Posted (edited)

We'll the local 7-11 sells 94E10 as their cheapest fuel and since I've had both cars ,I've run the missus FG on that with no probs.

While I've run my Typhoon on strictly BP98.

They both seem to be getting the same economy but maybe and it's only maybe the Typhoon a little better.

Well the other day I put the 94E10 in it because I'm struggling to see how BP98 is worth almost 20cents more a litre.

Well the earth didn't stop turning and all is good, in fact I'm starting to think the typhoon likes the 94 better.

It still had a third tank of 98 in it when I put in the 94.

So I'm going to alternate for a while and see how it goes.

I'm a bit sceptical about the BP 98 I've been buying from 2 different servos.

We shall see!

Edited by "Captain Retard"
  • MattyP
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 4m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

94 e10 is nice

That's proper 91 blended with ethanol

91 e10 is like 88-89 blended with ethanol.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...