Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 08/03/12 10:52 AM Posted 08/03/12 10:52 AM Paulie it stood for Very Off Topic, a very hardcore version of Off Topic until a member posted something they should not have. I loved it, but SHP really really loved it as he still crys himself to sleep over it.hahah comon guys that was ages ago.Why don't we start a VOT using pm's?
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 2d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 08/03/12 11:08 AM Posted 08/03/12 11:08 AM That is a big ass bearing....but what really gets me, as its my job, is that somewhere out there is a grinder big enough to machine the barstard!!Kinda makes my wittle hole seem a tad...inadequite....I thought you would like it Dags.About the machines that make this bearing - Amazing. 88 rolling elements - barrel shaped, one end travels faster than the other just to keep it square, all 88 measure within a micron in any plane.Big double row tapered roller so the profile of the inner and outer race has to be ground, brass cage is seperate for each row so they can move independantly.I measured the bore of the new bearings - max oval/taper was a total of 5 microns . . . . which is just as likely to be my measuring error.For those who don't know - 1 micron = 1/1000th of a mm. This bearing has a 950mm bore, which is 950,000 micron and it's 5 micron off a perfect circle.The gear that makes this stuff is amazing.Don't get me wrong - the big gear it awesome, but the tiny tiny gear is amazing too. The old bearings had done 48 years service, those tolerances 50 years ago makes my mind boggle.I don't do this for the money, I'm a dead set nerd for seeing thing and trying to fathom how it's possible.Night allPS - bring back VOT please
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 08/03/12 11:13 AM Posted 08/03/12 11:13 AM wow 5microns off perfect. that's farkin good lolbeing a framer our tolerances are huge compared to microns lmao. maybe 5mm max. that's for the new blokes 1mm tolerance for me...hahaha
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 08/03/12 11:36 AM Posted 08/03/12 11:36 AM (edited) Shy that's ridiculous.. I work on roads and our tolerances for some jobs are + or - 10mm in vertical and 40mm in horizontal.. Your frames should be in the microns!! :-pOh yeah 10mm is smaller then the average size stone uses in a chip seal..Edit: +1 for VOT Edited 08/03/12 11:38 AM by Porno Panda
Corzza 777 Member 7,135 Member For: 17y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA Posted 08/03/12 12:19 PM Posted 08/03/12 12:19 PM Chat tomorrw all!
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 19y 11m 30d Gender: Male Posted 08/03/12 12:53 PM Posted 08/03/12 12:53 PM ill go u one better I have a pic somewhere of the bed I smashed when I first met fluffy and she told me it wouldnt brake lolNot my bed.. Its the girl ive been talking abouts bed.. Well her 3rd one anyways,, she doesnt know why they keep breaking
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 13d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 08/03/12 02:18 PM Posted 08/03/12 02:18 PM a total of 5 microns .1mm tolerance for me...hahahaOh yeah 10mm is smaller then the average size stone uses in a chip seal..The bore on sleeve in the picture I posted is 1 of 10 that all had to be within +.00/-.02 the outside +.00/-.01....and spend all day in that minute area, sitting on a planet spinning at a billion miles an hour in a galaxy trillions of miles across.... :wacko:
The Outsider Legacy Donating Member 1,205 Member For: 15y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Burwood, NSW Posted 08/03/12 02:53 PM Posted 08/03/12 02:53 PM (edited) You'd look awesome on one if wearing the same gear (or even less) as whats in your avatarunlike!chicks on bikes in full gear are hot as f*ck!oh and all you guys talking about small tolerances remind me of my old job back in the day before the 2009 GFC :f*ckyou: Edited 08/03/12 02:55 PM by The Outsider
STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 08/03/12 06:24 PM Posted 08/03/12 06:24 PM So told this chick not to stay lastnight cause I gotta be up at 4:30am. She said that's fine, set alarm for 4. Good girl was up for it at 4am. TICK! 1
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 5d Gender: Male Posted 08/03/12 06:26 PM Posted 08/03/12 06:26 PM Morning all, good luck Staino as I got nothing as Pazzo is in trouble with Missus. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now