Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 21/02/15 11:08 AM Posted 21/02/15 11:08 AM I have Internet!! Woo woo!But I can't get home. Or to the gold Coast.. where I am booked on monday. Damn it!
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 21/02/15 01:00 PM Posted 21/02/15 01:00 PM Not many decent pics.. but you blokes have probably seen more pics on the news than I have.News I have seen seems to make out like it'll take years to rebuild. Seriously the houses that were destroyed were mostly pretty old. Plenty of roofs off.. My aunts roof is the buckled tin one you see. My grandma had her neighbour's roof fly into and punch a hole in the side of her house.The roof lifted in the house we were in. And I had to try and syphon the pool to stop if flooding the house when it overflowed. Stacks of trees down in my old ladies yard. grandma's she'd got smacked by the flying roof and lost both roller doors.It's f*cking hot.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 23d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 21/02/15 06:59 PM Posted 21/02/15 06:59 PM LoL @ the que of rubber neckers driving around the downed branches and yet unable to get out and move them off the road.
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 21/02/15 08:48 PM Posted 21/02/15 08:48 PM After that photo I jumped out and started shifting some of the branches.The worry was a dick would try and do 100 in the 100 zone and clean me up.But just further down there were trees that I couldn't lift.
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 10d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 22/02/15 01:42 AM Posted 22/02/15 01:42 AM good see you and the family along with everyone else up there ok. 1
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 22/02/15 05:27 AM Posted 22/02/15 05:27 AM Was impressed.. I reckon I saw over 100 energex trucks heading north on the way home today. Those boys and girls have some work to do! 2
bamk2f6tornado Legacy Donating Member 777 Member For: 12y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Qld Posted 22/02/15 09:15 AM Posted 22/02/15 09:15 AM Finally got phone signal after 2 days of nothing. Still no power for at least a week. But back to work tomorrow hopefully with power in Rockhampton. Weather is disgusting no breeze at all and it is f*cking moist with no fans or aircon. Although I must say I did enjoy the cyclone, few beers over looking the harbour of yeppoon was a good watch
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 22/02/15 10:00 AM Posted 22/02/15 10:00 AM Good job mate. Randomly my mums house insurance is springing for a generator for her. It turns up on Tuesday.Should have a Crack at yours
bamk2f6tornado Legacy Donating Member 777 Member For: 12y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Qld Posted 22/02/15 10:02 AM Posted 22/02/15 10:02 AM I think she's lucky not many generators left I don't think. Got a little generator but only big enough to power the fridge and that's about it. Some of the coast started getting power back just now so hopefully Emu Park isn't to far away.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/02/15 11:20 AM Posted 22/02/15 11:20 AM They're great if you can get fuel...from what I understand there were only two servos in rocky with electricity. Assume it'd be similar in Yeppoon? Good wrap-up on the ABC news tonight of all the communities that the mainstream media don't give a fck about. Byfield absolutely fckin copped it the poor bastards, journos had to hike in a few kms to get footage. Also saw my cousin's ugly mug as they were shovelling mud out of his pub yet again at Jambin. I'm sure there would have been half a dozen takes to get something fit to air before 10pm though given he's ready to rip Sunwater a new arsehole over their handling (lack thereof) of water releases from callide dam. Fckwits. Torrential downpour and they leave the gates shut till it hits 90% then they automatically open...fully.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now