"Captain Retard" Member 1,417 Member For: 12y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour NSW Posted 05/12/14 08:42 AM Posted 05/12/14 08:42 AM Yeah gotta car in pieces in the garage now with a manual choke.Middle of winter on a cold morning it used to be a bloody art form getting a car to fire with out flattening the battery.I diffinitly don't miss chokes.
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/12/14 08:53 AM Posted 05/12/14 08:53 AM Nope neither do I Or carbies for that matter.
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 05/12/14 09:02 AM Posted 05/12/14 09:02 AM (edited) It was called a 'Stranger' on ---- some car (can't remember now) ---- when I was younger.No Don - that was the hand crank sticking out the front of the grill Edited 05/12/14 09:03 AM by Rab
stubbietubbie Filthy weeb Member 1,870 Member For: 13y 7m 18d Gender: Male Posted 05/12/14 09:05 AM Posted 05/12/14 09:05 AM Ahh! Too many euphemisms! *Explodes*
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 05/12/14 09:47 AM Posted 05/12/14 09:47 AM Quick search gave this Rab http://books.google.com.au/books?id=6YMQQjiWboMC&pg=PA35&lpg=PA35&dq=choke/strangler+on+a+car&source=bl&ots=PExWSDX9_Z&sig=EOgzsxQYjSZNl_NMRaqwVsOyNPI&hl=en&sa=X&ei=MH2BVJa-EsPbmgWU4IKwAg&ved=0CCcQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=choke%2Fstrangler%20on%20a%20car&f=falsefurther looking said that some car makers in the 20's and 30's called the choke a Strangler such as Rollers, Austins etc.
"Captain Retard" Member 1,417 Member For: 12y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour NSW Posted 05/12/14 09:48 AM Posted 05/12/14 09:48 AM IMHO the 3 biggest advances in cars since I've been driving (1981) are (in order);Reliable electronic fuel injectionRemote lock-unlockCup holders
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 3d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 05/12/14 09:59 AM Posted 05/12/14 09:59 AM CD player?
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 05/12/14 10:06 AM Posted 05/12/14 10:06 AM electric motor controled Windscreen Wipers.I remember having to rev the FJ to get the wipers to work.....lol
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/12/14 10:13 AM Posted 05/12/14 10:13 AM Nothing beats a sparkling pretty coloured poop. https://www.etsy.com/listing/122801892/glitter-pills?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=glitter+pill&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery
"Captain Retard" Member 1,417 Member For: 12y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour NSW Posted 05/12/14 10:34 AM Posted 05/12/14 10:34 AM ^^^Just in time for xmas 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now