Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 2m 4d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 28/03/08 05:59 AM Posted 28/03/08 05:59 AM Ok everyone I need your thoughts on what to do. I sold my BA back in October and have been waiting oh so long for the new FG. The time is drawing ever close to purchse the new car but I've had second thoughts on what to get. Should I wait and get the new G6ET or purchase a run out 08 Typhoon. It seems that the pricing for both will be similar so that's not a real issue. My concern is if I buy a run out Typhoon then it's essentially going to be the old shape as soon as I get it. The advantage is I'm getting quite a substantial discount for a new car that I'm sure will not disappoint my expectations. Especially when I put the Nizpro stage 2 kit on, .Now with the G6ET I will get a car that will be new in looks for a couple of years and have all the new bits and peices that make everyone go ooooo. But it'll need some lowered springs and big wheels to suit my tastes. The other thing that really makes me cringe is the rumours it wont have an LSD. Not good when I start craving more KW's.Please give me your thoughts and maybe I can stop laying in bed at night running this through my head.CheersBenny.
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 1m 5d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 28/03/08 06:04 AM Posted 28/03/08 06:04 AM FPV VS Normal ford vehFPV will also have brembosId buy the FPV
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/03/08 06:09 AM Posted 28/03/08 06:09 AM That and the FG's look sh*thouse.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 28/03/08 06:09 AM Posted 28/03/08 06:09 AM its no use guys, benny has already spoken to me - and hes even more confused! Hope you can put yourself at ease mate, I'll speak to you on monday!
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 18d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 28/03/08 06:17 AM Posted 28/03/08 06:17 AM Wait an get the new one!!CYA JEFF
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 28/03/08 07:33 AM Posted 28/03/08 07:33 AM ....already spoken to me.....!
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 21d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 28/03/08 07:54 AM Posted 28/03/08 07:54 AM If you're going to mod it , get the BF2. At least the tuning houses have them sorted. As has already been posted ( Simon from Nizpro ??)the FGs are not going to be quite as straight forward.Personally I will wait and see what the modders are able to achieve and at what cost
hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 28/03/08 08:40 AM Posted 28/03/08 08:40 AM (edited) Keep in mind you will buying the MK 1 of an all new car. So you may have to deal with a product recall here and there, and a few faults and niggles. Where as one would hope the last of the BF MkII's should have most of the issues sorted. Plus its an FPV. And the BA/BF research and development in the after market performance scene is really strong. Where as you will be starting from the start to a point with the new model. I know what I would choose. Edited 28/03/08 08:40 AM by hanra
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 22d Gender: Male Posted 28/03/08 10:31 AM Posted 28/03/08 10:31 AM FG cost more to buy, has less potential and cost more to mod. Tornado bf has more potential (bigger turbo), cost way less to mod and cheaper to buy. There are goin to be bugs in the new ones. The old ones are sorted, developed n reliable. Old or new, performance is performance and the bf mk2 are hot.
GreenXR6T Legacy Donating Member 630 Member For: 21y 1m 7d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 28/03/08 12:54 PM Posted 28/03/08 12:54 PM FG
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now