PumpedUp Member 90 Member For: 20y 2m 19d Location: Mehico Posted 26/08/06 12:08 AM Posted 26/08/06 12:08 AM (edited) I for one are not complaining.Mine is an 04 stock auto and I get around 580kms to a tank no matter where or how I drive it.←That would put it in the 10L/100KM bracket!?!? I'm sorry, but I find that very hard to believe. Are you sure it's a XR6T & not an XR5T ? Edited 26/08/06 12:09 AM by PumpedUp
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 22d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 26/08/06 12:22 AM Posted 26/08/06 12:22 AM Tip of the Day:if excessive fuel consumption is an issue for you put a BRICK under the go fast pedal.. Shazzy
tford6 Member 52 Member For: 21y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Mid North Coast,N.S.W Posted 26/08/06 03:56 AM Posted 26/08/06 03:56 AM I for one are not complaining.Mine is an 04 stock auto and I get around 580kms to a tank no matter where or how I drive it.←That would put it in the 10L/100KM bracket!?!? I'm sorry, but I find that very hard to believe. Are you sure it's a XR6T & not an XR5T ? ←Actually its about 11.2L/100km and yes its definately a XR6 turbo...
johng Member 43 Member For: 20y 1m 21d Posted 26/08/06 08:03 AM Posted 26/08/06 08:03 AM OK, just was just out, the fuel light came on, so I filled up.Squeezed almost exactly 50L in her to the first click.Had done exactly 246km - mostly sedate drive to work and back city traffic.That equals 20.3L /100km. Which is pretty much what the fuel meter tells me.Yikes!
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 26/08/06 10:28 AM Posted 26/08/06 10:28 AM OK, just was just out, the fuel light came on, so I filled up.Squeezed almost exactly 50L in her to the first click.Had done exactly 246km - mostly sedate drive to work and back city traffic.That equals 20.3L /100km. Which is pretty much what the fuel meter tells me.Yikes!← you gotta buy some shares in the oil companies to get some of that money back
245T Member 125 Member For: 20y 6m 6d Location: The Monaro Posted 26/08/06 10:55 AM Posted 26/08/06 10:55 AM if you are only geting 360klm out of a tank, install a second tank these cars are fast and thirsty which would you choose a motor scooter or a harley,I rest my case
aphexer Member 29 Member For: 21y 4m 24d Location: Eastern Suburbs, VIC Posted 27/08/06 01:04 AM Posted 27/08/06 01:04 AM (edited) XR6T 5spd, exhaust, phoon CAI, K&N50,000kmsgetting 17.1L/100km with an average speed of 33km/hcruising down to phillip island I can get around 9L/100km while still overtaking! and not being overly light on the throttlemy car gets to operating temperature everytime I drive to work, its the f*cking traffic on maroondah hwy @ 8am that kills it!that being said though, my previous EF XR6 auto was running approx 18 - 20L/100km (trying to drive it like an XR6T) so I'm happy I'm saving money while getting a lot more vroom!I can put that whole $5 I save very fill-up towards the massive repayments... wooohooits a bit difficult to compare everyone's figures... all our cars are different, the driving conditions are different and we all drive differently... ADR is nothing to go by as we should all know. even around melbourne, out towards the eastern suburbs the roads tend to be pretty hilly at times, affecting your consumption, whereas u head out west and the roads are fairly flatif the fuel consumption is too hard for you to swallow, buy a yaris, and watch me fly by in the traffic! Edited 27/08/06 01:08 AM by aphexer
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m Location: Perth Posted 27/08/06 01:25 AM Posted 27/08/06 01:25 AM Damn. Some of your fuel consumption figures are horrible!My BF F6 averages around 48-50km/h and uses 11.0-11.5l/100kms when the missus drives it.The only thing that kills average fuel consumption is when the car is on the dyno. The car really does become a gas guzzler at full throttle. Mind you, so it should, considering the power it makes.
theeone Member 349 Member For: 23y 4m 15d Location: Hoddles Creek (VIC) Posted 27/08/06 02:18 PM Posted 27/08/06 02:18 PM I know its not a T guys, but my XR8 gets an average of 16 for a tank that's had a flogging(couple of 200 runs in there) down to about 13.7 for "normal" driving, up to 120, 65k's in either direction, Yarra Valley To Dandenong.
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 13d Gender: Male Posted 27/08/06 10:35 PM Posted 27/08/06 10:35 PM (edited) Iv got a new turbo ute with ~2600km on the clock and it sits between 15-16 depending on how much highway stuff I do.. mostly putting round with a bit of boot layin!p.s that's with the ave speed as 40km Edited 27/08/06 10:37 PM by SCRIBR
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now