aphexer
Member-
Posts
29 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by aphexer
-
ok, cars back from 60km service performed by reputable local mechanic. had the three maintenance issues addressed - lubricate electronic solenoid, tighten exhaust manifold and clean throttle body. Throttle body was filthy, exhaust manifold was slightly loose and electric solenoid was in need of WD40 :D did a full oil & filter change. idle now is near perfect, doesn't hunt thru the revs any more. however, due to the carbon buildup in the throttle body it has contaminated the oxy sensor and is throwing up error codes. doesn't affect idle as such, but will affect fuel economy. $330 for a new one dang! hope this helps anyone with a similar problem!
-
I was looking at buying one of these kits! what do u apply the stuff with? hand or buffer?
-
xr6boy: I contacted a lawyer that specializes in traffic offenses. given my track history (about 3 minor speeding fines prior) he said, its your word against theirs. Not worth the exercise. I just copped it on the chin and got on with it. since having my full licence, I don't get anywhere near as much attention for "random" pull-overs. female cops love the 20's too
-
I used to get a lot of cop attention in my EF Xr6 (17" AJR's, big stereo) despite the car being fully roadworthy. one night I was pulled over 4 (yes, FOUR) times... asked the cop whether they log each car they pull over, which they don't. one cop tried to book me for 30km.h over the limit, despite me having my cruise control on. laughed at him and asked for a radar readout, which he couldn't supply. he then went on to say "you P-platers in these sort of cars are the idiots that kill people on our roads" and proceded to write a ticket for me crossing double white lines even though I didn't. I was fuming, and he said "take it to the courts pal, your word against 2 cops. good luck to ya" I'm not even a threatening person that looks like a hoon! hell, I have red hair! with the XR6T which I've had since getting off my P's, I rarely get pulled over. although, if its a young male cop, he will usually jump on his high horse and try to throw the book at me. if its an older bloke, they tend to appreciate the fact I work hard for my car, I'm passionate about it and its well looked after. once when I was pulled over in the EF, I asked the cop which cars they target and he said they are instructed to pull over P-platers, WRX's, VL turbos, XR6 / XR8 and skylines. they're popular performance cars, and more often that not driven by dickheads that ruin it for the rest of us well behaved folk. I'm done ranting.
-
I've got the exact same problem with my 10/03 xrt 5spd... put the clutch in while rolling 20 - 40km/h and the revs start to hunt, 250rpm - 1000rpm occasionally stalling. always on 98RON, BP Ultimate 99% of the time. centre muffler removed, Typhoon CAI & K&N filter, turbosmart bov. seems to behave a little better with the aircon on, but sometimes it'll just stall anyway. low end torque is horrid off the line, if I have 4ppl in the car, luggage and air con on, I might not be able to get off the mark without riding the clutch! she's going in for a non-dealer service on tuesday, I'm asking to have the throttle body cleaned, electric solenoid cleaned & lubed and exhaust manifold tightened back to spec I'm sure most of u guys have seen this thread http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=73561 I'll let u all know how it goes... failing that, it'll be getting edited (wanted to do it anyway) and see how nizpro goes with getting her running smooth again!
-
I was just talking to a bloke that is running 420rwkw and 1150nm thru his t5 in a mk1 xr6 turbo ute with extensive tranny upgrades... I'll try and talk to him more next time I see him to find out what was done and what sort of cost is involved, cos he is running some serious numbers!
-
unfortunately toyota as a manufacturer is not synonymous in australia in making performance sedans. Camry is type-cast as the "grandpa car", hence why they have released the Aurion to hopefully get a fresh start. overseas, toyota was making some quick sedans over 10 years ago with the aristo and the chaser with the 1JZGTE 3.0L twin turbo from the toyota supra! toyota never raced around the mountain, and therefore doesn't get the respect from your red (or blue) blooded aussie male. the build quality and engineering in toyota vehicles is world class, hence why they are one of the biggest manufacturers in the world. I would drive an aurion out of curiosity to see how it goes, but I would only own a RWD performance sedan, and it has got to have the blue oval on it in order to have any street cred with me
-
its funny to see in reviews that the verdict of choice between the BF & VE is generally pretty close, with the VE only just edging out the BF. it should do! for a car that is now 4 years old, had half of the development budget to only just be beaten, let alone be considered a point of comparison to the Expensive Daewoo is an accolade in itself! Expensive Daewoo must be pretty disappointed to spend $1bil to essentially "catch up" to ford. after seeing what Expensive Daewoo have delivered, I hope ford pulls the gloves off for the orion by not only topping the VE commodore, they should bury them.
-
lol, I did exactly tthe same thing... it randomly beeps under all sorts of conditions, and the light doesn't stay on long enough in the cluster for me to recognise...
-
theblackpig: looking at the pic attatched by missaly, the picture seems pretty well centred. your making me panic cos I'm having the unit fitted this week!
-
front nexen N3000 225/35/20 rear nexen N3000 245/35/20 got it from a local shop in melbourne, shipped from tempe tyres $3200 with lowering, fitting and balancing.
-
thanks for all the good comments guys! Black-Thunder: DON"T TEASE ME!! Those photochops are frustrating! its already got SL fronts and SSL rears... and your right, its not quite low enough.... YET! getting to work on the stereo next, so I'll be adding some weight to the boot which should bring it down marginally, but I might take FAT51X's suggestion and have them compressed with new shocks 4LTURBO - they're 8.5" all round... and I also picked them up cheaper than what your selling yours brand new
-
gotta get some better pics during the day!
-
22y.o now, with XR6T as per sig... lost over 15 points off licence and suspension for 1 month... $1800 p. year with mods listed. lets hear it for the young blokes that work hard, get paid well and achieve something in life! paid 100% for every ford I've owned so far and wouldn't have it any other way. yeh, I still live at home for now paying board, but I'm looking for a house now. my gf is great, and drives a ford
- 1,981 replies
-
- Anyone having trouble
- wastegate
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
XR6T 5spd, exhaust, phoon CAI, K&N 50,000kms getting 17.1L/100km with an average speed of 33km/h cruising down to phillip island I can get around 9L/100km while still overtaking! and not being overly light on the throttle my car gets to operating temperature everytime I drive to work, its the f*cking traffic on maroondah hwy @ 8am that kills it! that being said though, my previous EF XR6 auto was running approx 18 - 20L/100km (trying to drive it like an XR6T) so I'm happy I'm saving money while getting a lot more vroom!I can put that whole $5 I save very fill-up towards the massive repayments... wooohoo its a bit difficult to compare everyone's figures... all our cars are different, the driving conditions are different and we all drive differently... ADR is nothing to go by as we should all know. even around melbourne, out towards the eastern suburbs the roads tend to be pretty hilly at times, affecting your consumption, whereas u head out west and the roads are fairly flat if the fuel consumption is too hard for you to swallow, buy a yaris, and watch me fly by in the traffic!
-
I think 92H is the correct load rating... best of luck finding a tyre my tyre shop reckon they couldn't find any (for the right price), got nexen's all the way round!
-
as XR6T8U said, that's from blackmans & sons... highly recommend the moorabbin outlet... this interior came with the car when I got it (2nd hand) oh yeh, that's not FPV look, with that metallic weave... u can probably get it though... I wiped it down with a cloth and a bit of fluff got caught I think?!
-
my phantom interior!
-
stab in the dark as I'm just trying to help. got this off the ASL website "JST Connector in Rear to use 8010730 Cable" is the numbered cable the part no. your after? http://asllogistics.com/dvd_factory.html
-
I'm more keen on the design that was suggested from the skyline... looks tough, very functional. still an agressive yet distinctive look, not copying an XR8 bonnet. I find the 4 options suggested to look a little lancer-rice-ish...
-
cheers fellas... philips diamond vision both in driving lights and low beams
-
I like, some might like... some will hate...
-
I've also been told by a good friend (who is quite mechanically minded) that the T5 doesn't appreciate being driving around below 80km/h in 5th gear... has something to do with the gearbox not getting enough lubrication flow at that speed in that gear. mine has no problems with 5th gear, nor 5th - 3rd changes (oct '03 build)
-
yup, that was me. I'm still on there too, just that the forum is dominated by E-series, feel a little out of place thanks again for the comments guys!
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.