NVT Formerly EGOBFXR6 Legacy Donating Member 1,111 Member For: 18y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 29/02/08 02:52 AM Posted 29/02/08 02:52 AM I've always been a Expensive Daewoo boy - my last car was a VP SS.When I was out looking for something to buy, I drove a couple of VZ's - and not a word of a lie - It handled like sh*t, had zero acceleration, and was just plain slow - pathetically slow actually...The interior was plasticy and looked like rubbish...Went out and bought an XR6 the next day Ford boy now - now if only I could upgrade to that turbo hahahahaDan
TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 2m 27d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 05/03/08 01:55 AM Posted 05/03/08 01:55 AM Falcon/Late model camira they're both poorly built Aussie cars, they are NOTHING on the Euros, despite what wheels would have you believe - "the new Late model camira steers better then an E60" my fuking arse!I drive a Falcon because it's fast and great value for money, plus I can't afford a decent euro.Poorly built? Ive been quite happy with the build quality of my T. My only gripes are quite minor, I.e the ugly handbrake area where it joins the dash area and the lack of footwell lights, unlit power window switches.Bang for buck I reckon the BG T will wipe the floor with any euro/jap offering.
harvyk Member 1,070 Member For: 21y 7m 2d Location: The North Cooma End of Canberra... Posted 06/03/08 06:15 AM Posted 06/03/08 06:15 AM (edited) I've always been a Expensive Daewoo boy - my last car was a VP SS.When I was out looking for something to buy, I drove a couple of VZ's - and not a word of a lie - It handled like sh*t, had zero acceleration, and was just plain slow - pathetically slow actually...The interior was plasticy and looked like rubbish...Went out and bought an XR6 the next day Ford boy now - now if only I could upgrade to that turbo hahahahaDanYeah that was my thoughts of the VZ's, I was seriously considering buying one............Before the test drive... Edited 06/03/08 06:16 AM by harvyk
tmac450 Member 1,650 Member For: 20y 29d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 06/03/08 09:57 PM Posted 06/03/08 09:57 PM Poorly built? Ive been quite happy with the build quality of my T. My only gripes are quite minor, I.e the ugly handbrake area where it joins the dash area and the lack of footwell lights, unlit power window switches.Bang for buck I reckon the BG T will wipe the floor with any euro/jap offering.Face facts, unfortunatly the Ford/Expensive Daewoo build quality is not the best.That said, they have improved greatly over the last few years and both put the US and Korean cars to shame, and several of the Japs (but not with the consistancy of the Japs)My T has been pretty good, and is certainly of better quality than our Forester, which has been the most dissapointing Jap car I've had (crap paint, rattly, hard seats, poor panel fit, crap gear box, piss poor brakes).The BF is certainly the best build Ford I've had.
private9 Member 49 Member For: 18y 9m 5d Gender: Male Posted 18/03/08 10:10 AM Posted 18/03/08 10:10 AM I'm not usually one for Expensive Daewoo bashing, but I drove a VE Commo for about an hour yesterday - what an overrated, hyped up piece of garbage. It still has the same crappy thrashy engine feel, the thing is under damped, and flops it's great mass about in a nice wallowy fashion, during which time you're cocooned in acres of cheap tacky plastic. Nothing falls easily to hand, the handbrake is retarded, and rear vision is non-existent, while forward vision is severely impaired by the biggest A pillar I've ever seen!
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 18/03/08 11:44 AM Posted 18/03/08 11:44 AM My little Spazda 6 is really a very fast car.No seriously.......
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 18/03/08 11:49 AM Posted 18/03/08 11:49 AM Spadza 6, one of the best bum dragging family cars out there, its just a pitty about the people who drive them. Spazda the new volvo.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 18/03/08 12:02 PM Posted 18/03/08 12:02 PM Got the bowls hat on the parcel shelf too Macka???
ALF05T Member 453 Member For: 19y 8m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/03/08 08:32 PM Posted 18/03/08 08:32 PM I agree Euros are good but your paying 3 to 4 times thr price!For the amount of money we pay for the T it is a very good car! I've only had minor problems with mine, I hope I havn't jinkst myself.
TOM1111 Member 631 Member For: 19y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: newcastle Posted 19/03/08 06:30 AM Posted 19/03/08 06:30 AM I havnt been in a VE sv6 but I have been in a SSthe SS build quality seems fine same with the handling for a heavy car (falcons handle no better)but I do have a mate with a VZ v6 and he has spent a lot more on his car then I have and its just super gutless down low and only makes 180rwhp (with exhaust ,extractors and a tune)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now