Jump to content

Yank V6 or Aussie I6 What engine You want to see fitted to Australian Falcons?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The 8th Dimension
Posted

The next model should be an even better handler than the FG, less weight over the front wheels and as the v6 is a shorter motor so should sit further back so have better weight distribution.

I would still take the I6 :thumbsup:

  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Formerly XR6NA
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I'm with most other people with the I6. Still looking forward and hoping that they can produce something special with the V6.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

3.7 V6 with direct injection and TT, cylinder deactivation should be good for 300kW and 600NM easy from the factory.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

Has it been comfirmed that Ford will be using a TT setup???

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

At the moment they have the Xr8 and XR6T which practically have the same performance. From an economic perspective, I don't understand why they do that. I could be wrong, but I recon most Ford lovers would simply buy the XR8 if the T wasn't around. I wouldnt be surprised if the Turbo is dropped when the V6 is brought in.

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

pfft, yeah right - ford won't drop the turbo because it is a good way to get performance and economy in the one package

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

if it was was so easy, then why hasn't Expensive Daewoo bothered building a TT?

  • Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The 8th Dimension
Posted
At the moment they have the Xr8 and XR6T which practically have the same performance. From an economic perspective, I don't understand why they do that. I could be wrong, but I recon most Ford lovers would simply buy the XR8 if the T wasn't around. I wouldnt be surprised if the Turbo is dropped when the V6 is brought in.

I would put my money on it being the other way around.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
I think Ford should purchase the VR38DETT out of the latest Skyline. Now that would be impressive.

On a more serious note, I think the new V6 has alot more opportunity for improvements in the future but it seems to lack torque.

I like that idea ... :stupid:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...