October 26, 200718 yr #1 City Ford in Vic are advertising Phoons on-road for under $55k so I went for a look today.They were all stockies, so I got the sales guy to price me up a Phoon in Ego, with leather and roof on road. He came back with $71K but that it would be R spec Anyway, I told him to forget it and that I would come back in April to see him about an Orion as I was only prepared to spend $55K on a BF2 Phoon.He then said that if I came back ready to sign, he would do me the $71K car for $55K or better.It's got me thinking.A new Orion Phoon next April with leather and roof will be $70K+ on-road for sure. The BF2 is soon to be superceded, but $15k is $15K. Right?Not sure what to do.
October 26, 200718 yr #2 Hang on...So you can have the $71k R-Spec for $55k or less on road?That's a BIG saving! I'd take that deal. Still alot of unknowns with the Orion.
October 26, 200718 yr #3 Wait for the Orion, if you dont like I am sure you could get a very good deal on a runout BF.
October 26, 200718 yr #5 good point 72, the bf aren't going to get any more expensive as orion gets closer..nice to know they can drop 16k on a new car price
October 26, 200718 yr #6 the sales person is bullsh*tting you, we can't do an R-Spec Typhoon for 55K let alone less, he's trying to get you back into the dealership, then "oh man, we made a mistake, this is the real price", I'll price one up tomorrow for you, give you the best price(it will be in Sydney though, good for reference)
October 26, 200718 yr #8 Author the sales person is bullsh*tting you, we can't do an R-Spec Typhoon for 55K let alone less, he's trying to get you back into the dealership, then "oh man, we made a mistake, this is the real price", I'll price one up tomorrow for you, give you the best price(it will be in Sydney though, good for reference)Appreciate it.Can you price a std ophoon with leather and roof too?
October 26, 200718 yr #9 If you can get the BF with all the fruit for that price go for it.Orion is still 6 months away and being a series one will potenttally have a heap of gremlins as well. Do your sums on a 24 month lease a see how it looks , worst case scenario.At least with the current model you can bolt your current mods straight up. We are all assuming the edit will work on the new model. this is yet to be proven.Have the car you want now with the option to upgrade if you want to later
October 26, 200718 yr #10 A close friend once told me never get the first series of anything...Being in Manufacturing I know not everything can be tested before a launch. Especially for mass produced products that have mechanical components. If this were the case there would never be a series 2...In some countries QA is alot more prevalent and therefore there are less releases.Think about it!I would hold out for another couple of months or so get the rumour mill running for the Orion. Try and get a 2008 build... and Pat (Senna) will give you a great guide...Ozzie
Create an account or sign in to comment