_Spin_ Legacy Donating Member 695 Member For: 18y 7m 25d Posted 13/07/09 08:34 AM Posted 13/07/09 08:34 AM Best bet is to open the door, put ya foot on the deck and slide ya leg back till it touches the sill you create a good ground or whatever and no zap.. I reckon VH comodes with velour were the worst ever, they`d throw a spark like a magneto.Ugliest scenario is squeezing out of a car in a confined space where you can`t get the door fully open and the mamma jammin thing sparks onto you ear..Then to jolt usually makes you crack your temple on the window frame and if ya mates see it, hilarity ensues.
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/07/09 08:35 AM Author Posted 13/07/09 08:35 AM Nah it just pushed me to far so I sold it.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 30d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/07/09 12:22 PM Posted 13/07/09 12:22 PM Seriously the best thing to do is to weld the doors up, and enter and exit Duke's of Hazzard style.Just hope you havent got a boss bonnet, the bulge may make sliding across the bonnet another lol exercise.
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 13/07/09 01:25 PM Posted 13/07/09 01:25 PM haha...Tab found a shovel of digging +3 I think. From the set with the +1 sword and boots of escapement mentioned earlier.I'm now paranoid that my (perceived) loss of economy is from a bad ground... and I just know I'll never look into it. Damn forums, every good tip is followed by a bad gremlin! :D
01txr Member 861 Member For: 19y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 13/07/09 02:50 PM Posted 13/07/09 02:50 PM Had a period at one stage that I was giving off huge zaps, Probably clothing related as it stopped.This one time went to hand this chick some coins and zappo, coins still in my hand, she is clutching hers,I tried to give it to her a second time and she wouldn't accept it, had to put it on the counter.It was so funny, wish I could have had a copy of the security tape.The zap was orsm, heard it and so did others near by.was even asked if I had a zapper in my hand.Be walking through the supermarket and not once but anywhere up to half a dozen times get zappedfrom the shelfing.pretty funny yelling sh*t eveytime in the supermarket, get all sorts og funny looks.
brett_xr6 Member 61 Member For: 18y 4m 13d Posted 17/07/09 01:39 PM Posted 17/07/09 01:39 PM Hi guys,I used to get zapped every time I got out of my parents BA XR6. When I got my BF I decided to go for the leather option instead and it hasn't got me once. It must have something to do with the fabric that Ford use.If you have the standard cloth trim and you keep getting zapped the best thing to do when getting out of the car is to firstly touch your fingers on the inside steel/paintwork of the door. Hold onto this the whole time you are getting out of the car. That way you are earthed and shouldn't recieve a ZAPCheers,Brett.
turtl3tim Member 46 Member For: 17y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A Posted 13/08/09 07:56 AM Posted 13/08/09 07:56 AM or u could always fit an anti static strip to your car??????? but they do look a bit tacky
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 13/08/09 08:09 AM Posted 13/08/09 08:09 AM I found sensible cotton Y fronts ( must have a green stripe around the top) rather than nylon panties did the trick
fordfreak XRT07 Member 378 Member For: 18y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: glenwood Posted 01/09/09 04:45 AM Posted 01/09/09 04:45 AM I dont get zapped.. I friggin get electrocuted!!! it's like a bolt of bloody lightning hitting you when you least expect it..
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/09/09 04:54 AM Posted 01/09/09 04:54 AM LOL, it happens in dry weather. And in these periods (after I already get zapped few times) I use legs or elbows to close the door.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now