Pube Member 159 Member For: 19y 4m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 25/11/08 11:10 AM Posted 25/11/08 11:10 AM I attempted replacing my fuel filter today. For the love of god, I just couldnt get it loose. I managed to get the rear nut loose, and that was using a larger adjustable spanner of all tools. The front one now has a rounded nut. I even resorted to vice grips but that failed as well! I cut a section of my 14mm ring spanner to try and get a good fix on the nut and that even stripped it. Tomorrow I will try the local ford wrecker for a new pipe.
mercuryturbo Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer Legacy Donating Member 1,724 Member For: 20y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Fear and Loathing in Callala Bay Posted 06/01/09 06:04 AM Posted 06/01/09 06:04 AM Thought I better finally get off my arse & replace the filter on my beast today.Easier than I thought, the whole job took about 15 mins including jacking the car up so I could fit under it.I used a Ryco filter & guess what no leaks.By the way my old filter was engraved 11-5-06 & initialed T+M. I know its a long shot but anyone from here?
F6RD Legacy Donating Member 249 Member For: 18y 1m Gender: Male Posted 09/01/09 08:52 AM Posted 09/01/09 08:52 AM Yeah I replaced my fuel filter when I bought my car. my mate blew on the end of the used filter it and I couldnt believe how much black crap came out of it. also replaced it on my fairmont and same thing it leak at first and had to nip it up.
cunno_01 Member 6 Member For: 17y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 20/01/09 06:23 AM Posted 20/01/09 06:23 AM I attempted replacing my fuel filter today. For the love of god, I just couldnt get it loose. I managed to get the rear nut loose, and that was using a larger adjustable spanner of all tools. The front one now has a rounded nut. I even resorted to vice grips but that failed as well! I cut a section of my 14mm ring spanner to try and get a good fix on the nut and that even stripped it. Tomorrow I will try the local ford wrecker for a new pipe.I had same issue the other night when I went to change mine got the rear nut off but the front was tight as only difference was I stopped before I rounded the nut I take it the rest of you guys didnt have the same issue? any suggestions?
boosting Member 31 Member For: 18y 3m 25d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 20/01/09 11:00 PM Posted 20/01/09 11:00 PM got my filter replaced as well. I couldnt believe the black crap that came out of the old one (looked original).New filter has made a car feel more responsive and also not as rough in the mornings. happy days
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 12d Gender: Male Posted 20/01/09 11:44 PM Posted 20/01/09 11:44 PM I had same issue the other night when I went to change mine got the rear nut off but the front was tight as only difference was I stopped before I rounded the nut I take it the rest of you guys didnt have the same issue? any suggestions?I had to give mine a good dose of wd40, left it for a minute and it came off much easier.
Pube Member 159 Member For: 19y 4m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 21/01/09 05:00 PM Posted 21/01/09 05:00 PM I had same issue the other night when I went to change mine got the rear nut off but the front was tight as only difference was I stopped before I rounded the nut I take it the rest of you guys didnt have the same issue? any suggestions?The forward part of the fuel line is easily replaced as its only a few ft long to the quick disconnect fittings where the pipe turns into a hose for engine changes. I gave up and went to the wreckers and got another pipe! Interestingly to note, the pipe from the wreckers was a different colour from a BA, myne a BF. The BA line screwed on easily.
turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 30/01/09 11:02 PM Posted 30/01/09 11:02 PM hey how long do these fuel filters last? I had mine done last service which was 20,000kms ago, march last year. am I due for a change?
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 30/01/09 11:38 PM Author Posted 30/01/09 11:38 PM I change mine every 15k
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 31/01/09 10:46 AM Posted 31/01/09 10:46 AM From memory the manual says 100k, but most people halve the recommendations in the manula for everything anyway.Every 10-15k is overkill in my opinion. Unless you know you've had a bad batch of fuel, then do it more frequently.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now