Fuel Filter Change Highly Recomended

• Into the laaaake
  • Member For: 16y 10m 5d
Make sure you get a motorcraft ag 55 aa not a ryco z373. I fitted a ryco to my ute the other day and the threads wearn't cut deep enough to allow the tapers on the fuel lines to seat properly. Thusly $1.50 premo all over the floor on start up. The motorcraft is about $1.50 more at trade price so about $15.

Luke

Actually mine did the same. But I just nipped the fittings up that little bit tighter and it has been fine for the last 6 months. But Ill keep that in mind for next time. Get a Motorcraft one!!!

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d
Actually mine did the same. But i just nipped the fittings up that little bit tighter and it has been fine for the last 6 months. But Ill keep that in mind for next time. Get a Motorcraft one!!!

Yeah i tried that too....Considering it had "NEW IMPROVED LOW TORQUE DESIGN 7FTLBS!" written on it i didnt want to get any more monkey fisted with it and strip the threads.

Motorcraft ones are steel so there is probably less chance of it galling and siezing in there over time.

Luke

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 27d

I thought I did it wrong but I had the same thing with the ryco z373. had to refit it twice before it stopped leaking! Learned my new thing today, Motorcraft it is!

• T.P.I.S.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 16d
Yeah I tried that too....Considering it had "NEW IMPROVED LOW TORQUE DESIGN 7FTLBS!" written on it I didnt want to get any more monkey fisted with it and strip the threads.

Motorcraft ones are steel so there is probably less chance of it galling and siezing in there over time.

Luke

Luke,

Where did you grab the motorcraft one from? Not from ford themself?

Cheers

Adrian

• Member For: 17y 7m 11d

Put the new Motorcraft filter in and have noticed a lift in performance immediately. Will cut open the old filter (50 000 k's old) and see what sort of crap it has accumulated.

It would seem that it was definitely not flowing as well as the new one and as such was holding the car back.

Had to retorque the new filter after it was initially installed as it leaked from both ends. All sorted now.... :shocked: