Jump to content

boosting

Member
  • Posts

    31
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by boosting

  1. Happy Birthday boosting!

  2. Happy Birthday boosting!

  3. boost is just under 15 lbs
  4. azasturbo, not sure if u read this properly but I said I got 280rwkw before the tune, then 339rwkw after the tune. Same dyno, 3 days later. Slow gear changes are in peformance and normal mode. When I race I only use manual shifting and always have. Gear changes in manual mode are fine. In regards to just "fixing the box"....the box was fine when I drove there with 339rwkw, I waited for the tune, then drove off with 325rwkw and crappy gear changes. Ar eu saying the box got worn out at the shop??!!!
  5. good point Gregor, I havent even mentioned the fact that after the current tune (325rwkw), my gear changes under heavy load in normal and performance modes are very very very drawn out and slow (stuck in gear). In other words, I cannot effectively race my car unless I shift gears in sports mode. I mentioned this to Con and he said "..it doesnt change gears because its making too much power for the gearbox to handle"..... hang on, didnt have the problem when it had 339rwkw...!!!
  6. then again, if you check out my mods, 339rwkw is sort of not believeable anyway. I should be around the 290-300 mark. To answer the question, I didnt feel the difference. If it was going to go quicker it would be only as a result of my wallet being lighter.
  7. doesnt feel faster at all....but it should. And Ive always changed gears at 5000-5200rpm
  8. and the worst was 178km/h, which is the same range as what I did on the first tune.
  9. the best I could get is 180km/h = 112.5mph
  10. Well here I go. My car was previously tuned at BTA where they told me I had 327rwkw. I Took it out to the strip and did a 12.6 (on street tyres and a 2.18sec 60foot) I thought it would have gone better than that, so I switched tuners to C&V. When I got there (C&V) they did a power run and told me its only got 280rwkw. So I believed them and agreed to get a brand new tune and a 12 pound actuator. When the tune was done, I was told I got 338.9rwkw, I thought that was great, a 58rwkw gain. A few months went past then I decided to get a minor issue fixed (engine cuts out at high revs). This problem was always there since the first tune I had and was independent of how much power I had. Anyway, got it fixed at C&V, and they told me I now had 325rwkw. Bit of a drop from 338.9rwkw on the same dyno. Nevertheless, went down to the strip a few weeks ago, same tyres as previous, almost same 60 foot time as well(2.16 secs), and the best I could do was 12.7, and I was averaging 12.9. Do this make sense to anyone?? It doesnt to me. And mind you the latest run was in June (cold as). The question is, who do we believe when we take our cars to these places? The car has drilled injectors, bolt on F6 intercooler, fuel pump, 4 inch dump with 3.5 inch exhaust system (x-force), 12 lb actuator. With figures into the 300's am I asking too much to get a low 12 or even 11? I know with a better take off (MT semi's) I can improve my time but it doesnt make sense to me how a 45rwkw gain can give me no improvement (or even reduction) on my 1/4 mile time. Keep in mind that in stock standard form, I did a 13.8 (stock everything). Anyway....thanks for listening..feel free to reply.
  11. Doesnt feel like the transmission because the engine seems to shut down during the event. Do these cars have throttle body shutdown system fitted standard or something like that??
  12. Nope, it'll happen on any fuel level. I thought it could have been an original factory setting that hasnt been changed yet in the programming, maybe like a safety cut out or something along those lines.
  13. I havent pull the finger out to fix this problem yet, but everytime I plant the foot down hard (BF XR6T ZF zuto), the car seems to "shut down" for half a second then spring back to life. Its almost as if the fuel gets cut off. Has anyone experienced this?
  14. did a 12.6 with the 280rwkw, hopefully go a bit better with the new tune.
  15. I thought I had 327rwkw, had a power run elsewhere and only came up to 280rwkw. Had the thign retuned and now its a healthy 339rwkw. Its a bf1 xr6t 6 speed auto. dyno_cv.pdf
  16. mate I did a 13.86 in a bf1 in stock trim, so a 13.5 is a damn good time.
  17. its only been 2 weeks. sometimes it starts perfectly, other times it takes a while...but lately its been getting worse. same as XF said, once it starts, there is no problem at all. ps. no fuel gauge installed.
  18. I got my tuner to supply and install...I'll go back this arvo and let him know.
  19. yes, tried the prime (I couldnt hear the pump), left the reds on for about 10 secs, then turned it over, still takes a while (about 2-3 secs)..
  20. just had a Walbro pump installed, now the car takes a little bit longer to start compared to the original fuel pump. Is this normal? This morning with a quarter tank it took about 4 seconds to start. Does the level of fuel in the tank affect the way the car starts with these walbro pumps?
  21. yep checked the forecast..bloody rain again
  22. I reckon the best way to compare the two boxes is to have a look at whats faster in stock form. Whats time have guys got on a stock BA with 4spd? I ran my BF 6 speed auto in stock form and got a 13.8, and averaged 13.9s all night.
  23. Guys, Sick of driving like a granny in the wet last couple of weeks.... Once the weather clears Im out to WSID - next Wednesday 25/02/09. Anyone keen on unleashing their beast down the track as well??
  24. I also got a 3.5inch system with a 4inch dump - x force. Not loud at all, but big difference in power, especially top end. Happy Days
  25. good price. I got a 3.5inch system with 4inch dump for $1600 fitted. From rear muffler to back of cat was mild steel, the rest is stainless steel. Having said that, youve got a good price. Go for it.
×
×
  • Create New...