KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 09/06/03 10:20 PM Posted 09/06/03 10:20 PM I think you guys are over reacting to this (initial) post.I like this particular forum because of the open, tolerant feel of the thing. I was impressed right from the start with the variety and diversity of opinions and posts.This is no different, and although I agree that this post started a little negatively, it is everyones right to post whatever opinion/view point they have. I would like to think that the XR6T is such a strong car (and we all know this to be true) that we can live with this sort of critisism, knowing that it's mostly untrue or over-exagerated.I actually think that people who slam things out of ignorance are acting out of frustration and jelously ... and should be politely ignored.
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 09/06/03 10:29 PM Posted 09/06/03 10:29 PM I agree with everyone here. This forum is not meant to be biased, and it is up to the individual to express his/her feelings about any subject at all. I feel that this is a normal part of discussion and all opinions should be considered. However I dont appreciate people making personal attacks or comments., please keep this in the school yard.I tend to think some of ocoolone's comments are valid and worth discussing further.Off topic: Daga maybe the search feature should be a bit more obvious? Is there anything management can do about this? I know when i first started coming here i didn't realise there was a search feature (although the site was just born and not much to search!), i think many others fit into the same boat.cdm >>In response to your question, would making Search bold or a different colour be enough? or even changing it to say Search this Forum.
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 10/06/03 12:10 AM Posted 10/06/03 12:10 AM OK guys....Please play nice so this does not erupt into something less than the standard we aspire to. :D :D :D I agree, I am being a bit defensive. ....But being a public forum people can post what they like (its a free world). I don't have to like it. Yes it is a public forum. We all appreciate your passion and support for the car and this forum....and we respect diverse opionon and disagreement however we dont want arguments or unplesant posts here.I think you guys are over reacting to this (initial) post.......I actually think that people who slam things out of ignorance are acting out of frustration and jelously ... and should be politely ignored.Good observation and advice IMO
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 5m Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 10/06/03 12:15 AM Posted 10/06/03 12:15 AM Gotta love the "T"...roll on 30th June.....20 more sleeps ooohhhoo
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 20d Posted 10/06/03 12:46 AM Posted 10/06/03 12:46 AM cdm >>In response to your question, would making Search bold or a different colour be enough? or even changing it to say Search this Forum.I'm not sure if it is possible, but I think if the button was bold, underlines and on the same bar as the "Welcome back, cdm" then it may be more obvious. Being up the top there is a bit out of the way, and unless you know its there, I think people tend to just look straight at the forums. (at least that's what I do)Once in a forum, then maybe a button that says "search" next to the New poll and new topic buttons. This way people have to see it before they start a thread and might think twice.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 15d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 10/06/03 03:01 AM Posted 10/06/03 03:01 AM I think he raises some good points, especially about the brake shudder. In another post in another thread here olcoolone says he has an XR6T on order. So I don't think he is here just to stir up trouble, just offer some constructive criticism.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 10/06/03 03:16 AM Posted 10/06/03 03:16 AM Did you guys get sucked in or what! You can tell hes a stick choker so why even bother. :lol: :lol:
ASNU Member 261 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Location: Brooklyn Posted 10/06/03 07:23 AM Posted 10/06/03 07:23 AM This guy has some good points regarding the T regardless if they are positive or negative depending on your personnal point of view.I look at the positives coming from this respose as regardless if he has one on order or not you can nearlly assume that if allott of subjects have been addressed be it the brake shudder problem if any,Oil breather pipe blowing off or any number of numerous things.I have personnally got alot of knowledge regarding this car and potential problems that may be about to happen and there will be a fix I am sure posted.This would be a recommended site to view to make your mind up on buying a T and constructive comments from people from all walks of life.Sometimes its good to listen to people from outside the circle or square.
XR6PSI Member 80 Member For: 23y 4m 9d Posted 10/06/03 07:46 AM Posted 10/06/03 07:46 AM Hey guys great forum just thought I'd add my contribution to this topic.9) Why do XR8's get lighted switch gear for the windows ???????well the XR8 doesn't go (as good as we do anyway) so they need the lights in the window switches so they can get the windows down quick at night to hear the XR6Ts flying past!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 10/06/03 08:46 AM Posted 10/06/03 08:46 AM Now XR6PSI play nice with the Old Beggars and the Boss's...Is this leather thing true?I mean Vinyl cmon?I havent seen a BA yet with leather(cept a GT and I wasnt game to go within 10 Foot)so I have no idea.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now