olcoolone Member 46 Member For: 23y 5m 4d Posted 09/06/03 11:17 AM Posted 09/06/03 11:17 AM Just some questions the group may be able to answer?1) Is the XR6T manual gear box that weak or are Ford scaring owners into thinking there is a problem......is it Ford don't want owner having turbo 6 cylinder cars producing over 300Kw's and yet stiil have 8 cylinder owner paying a premium for V8 LESS THEN 300Kw POWER!......could it be marketing. ( reminds me of the WRX day)2) Regarding the SS cold air induction.........Would Ford make a car that is so close to the edge of reliability (do not fit oil coolers as it will over heat).......have we all purchased a car the we can only drive if the temp. is cool.....have to watch the nightly new for the weather ....if it to hot we may not be able to take the XR6T tomorrow.3) If they did all this testing for this, that and every thing else.......WHY did the forget about the disc rotor problem or WHY wasn't it picked up in all the hard testing?4) Why do you pay a premium for leather interior and you get half viynl.....Isn't viynl for taxis?5) Why does the factory sunroof look like it has been fitted by a cheap aftermarket pop up el cheapo sunroof company (all good sunroof company do a better job)......the BLACK switch looks like it has just been put there ( hey man whats this part...mmmm I think its that switch thing for the roof dude.....what should we do with it.......oh I don't know put it some where and hurry up lunch is in 5 minutes.) at least Holdens puts it in a nice sunglass/map light holder.6) Why arn't globes fitted in the foot wells on cars with premium sound....doesn't it make more sence to charge the customer $902 for premium sound in stead of $900 and allow $2 more for two lights?7) Why arn't the sunglass holder offered as an option in the range? Why do you pay a premium price for the XR6T and only get a base model Falcon with a fast engine?9) Why do XR8's get lighted switch gear for the windows and "A" pillar tweeters with the standard audio system?10) Why is the edges of the boot floor mat cut rough?11) Why have a function in the trip computer telling you how may litres per hour you have used....(does this stem back to Fords stationary engine days when it was useful)?12) No center arm rest?13) why don't they have hight adjustable electric antennas as standard with premium sound?.....OPPS that's the Commodore ....wrong forumWell that's about it ......................
mercturbo Member 696 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Location: Geelong Posted 09/06/03 12:08 PM Posted 09/06/03 12:08 PM Do you own an xr6 turbo, Olcoolone, if not what do you own? as I could find twenty questions like this for any car. eg why does Gen111 engine use so much oil? why does commy rear wheel camber chew out tyres and so on.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/06/03 12:09 PM Posted 09/06/03 12:09 PM is there anything else? lol :lol:why did most N15 pulsars need a new set of rings?Why did most X3 Excels need pop rivets in the front chassis rails?Why do the new Prado's need a fuel pulsation dampner?Why do Hilux's need a new spare wheel retaining chain?I could quite easily keep on going....
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 26d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 09/06/03 12:29 PM Posted 09/06/03 12:29 PM Most of the question's you've asked olcoolone has been covered already I think, if you care to have a search back through the threads.1.Is the manual really that bad?2.Cold Air Induction3.Brakes - see cro's post.4.Havent heard that one before.5.Sunroofs6.illumination7.Sunglass Holder8.Good question ask me if I'll buy another one? YES!9.Ya learn something new everyday!10. Close but not on the money - see my post on using the search feature11.It's all about bell's and whistles. :D 12.There is one I lean on it when i'm driving.....Oh you mean in the back Rear Seat Armrest13. Dont have an antenna dont need adjustment 14.CLICK BLOODY HEREj/k lookin at your question's it look's like you've been lookin round already.
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Posted 09/06/03 12:45 PM Posted 09/06/03 12:45 PM Off topic: Daga maybe the search feature should be a bit more obvious? Is there anything management can do about this? I know when I first started coming here I didn't realise there was a search feature (although the site was just born and not much to search!), I think many others fit into the same boat.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 09/06/03 02:30 PM Posted 09/06/03 02:30 PM (edited) Just some questions olcoolone may be able to answer? 1) do you own an XR6 Turbo2) If not are you planning on getting one3) How long did it take to read every post on the board and compile every negative comment.4) Do you park your Holden (Nissan, Mazda, Toyota ) in the garage or on the street.5) I have leather and think its great and dont have a single problem with it6) If you feel like bashing Fords and XR6T's in particular, please do it somewhere else.The XR6T is a wonderful car, have a look at all the awards it has won. You may or maynot like the XR6T, but the majority of people here do like them a great deal and dont need people like you trying to lessen their enjoyment. Edited 10/06/03 12:11 AM by richdave
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Posted 09/06/03 02:46 PM Posted 09/06/03 02:46 PM I don't think there is a need to get so defensive. I thought these were genuine observations. The leather, sunroof, brake discs and premium sound comments all appear valid to me. In response to olcoolone, I would like to say that Ford spent about 500million developing the BA and came up with a brilliant car as far as BFYB is concerned. It may be a little rough around the edges but look at what your getting for your money. I think I read somewhere that Mercedes spent about 2 billion on R&D for the current S class. If your willing to pay a minimum of $200 000 for the S, I'm sure it would be of a much greater quality. But it's four times the price. Probably the closest german for performance/size is concerned is a E500. Still about 150k or so. I must admit, things like the discs (although it hasn't happend to me yet) do annoy me. I rekon the glass is half full....
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 09/06/03 03:27 PM Posted 09/06/03 03:27 PM I agree, I am being a bit defensive. Olcoolone has made a grand total of 2 posts on this board. He hasnt said hello or introduced himself, but has managed to mention nearly every fault I've ever heard off with the car plus a few I havn't heard off that are plain wrong. There wasn't a single positive comment.If these are genuine observations from a person seriously interested in feed back on the XR6T with the intention of possibly buying one, I do appoligise. But if it's not (which is what I believe), he should go post elsewhere. The post doesn't appear to show an interest in the car, it appears to be trying to highlight any problems people may have had. I hope I am proven wrong and that olcoolone is a good bloke and interested in the XR6T for the right reasons, only time will tell.But being a public forum people can post what they like (its a free world). I don't have to like it.
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 9m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 09/06/03 04:26 PM Posted 09/06/03 04:26 PM Why do you pay a premium price for the XR6T and only get a base model Falcon with a fast engine?9) Why do XR8's get lighted switch gear for the windows and "A" pillar tweeters with the standard audio system?11) Why have a function in the trip computer telling you how may litres per hour you have used....(does this stem back to Fords stationary engine days when it was useful)?Here's my response to a few of these questions:8. Base model Falcon? Last I looked, the base model Falcon didn't have XR body kit and spoiler, XR seat trims, XR suspension, rear power windows, nice sounding/looking exhaust, traction control, fog lights... Need I go on? And those were just the standard things on XR6T. Lets not forget about options like premium sound (which you cannot get on the base model).9. Lighted switches is probably to make the XR8 a little more upmarket than the XR6T. As for the A pillar tweeters; maybe on premium sound, but not on standard sound... same as XR6T. At least I've never heard of them being on standard sound.11. The L/hr function is only on the trip computer when the car is stationary. It replaces the L/100km function when you stop because it would be impossible to calculate L/100km for a stationary vehicle.
Guest Guests Posted 09/06/03 09:49 PM Posted 09/06/03 09:49 PM Did you guys get sucked in or what! You can tell hes a stick choker so why even bother.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now