Jump to content

BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE


Who is it happening to?  

1,278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Guest MKeily
  • Guests
Posted

Thanks guys for all the advice and info.

Chris and Kevin thanks for your replies.

I will get them machined next week then see what Ford's fix is.

if this doesn't work I'm going for the DBA's..

Cheers all- Mark

  • Brendan Dennis
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

I have just done 12,000km. I am starting to get the shudder. I will wait for the 15000km service and hoperfuly they have the fix done by then..

  • potty trained
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

going up again for an on-car machine .... last one, after that they said they'd replace it ... with what? the same .... struth

  • I see red
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 22d
  • Location: nowhere in particular
Posted

Is it just the front rotors that are affected or are the rear warping too?

  • SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Outer east - Melbourne
Posted
Is it just the front rotors that are affected or are the rear warping too?

Only front as far as I know.

FWIW - Mine went in today for treatment........done 15,000km

  • TEAM BLUEPRINT
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 4d
  • Location: Perth W.A.
Posted

mine starting to come back again, third time.

taking it in for 15000km service at the end of the month.

hope ford have found there fix by then.

  • SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Outer east - Melbourne
Posted
Mine went in today for treatment........done 15,000km

Now they are smooth as a baby's.....

Guest gjconn
  • Guests
Posted

Long ago when reading all the grief casued by this, and the number of times people were in and out of the dealer, I decided I didn't want anything to do with this problem. I searched for, and found a great source for the DPA Gold, Slotted and Drilled Rotors and replaced all four on my new T-Ute.

If you are interested, I'd recommend contacting Trevor at the contact details below. The rotors were about $160 each.

Trevor H

Online Performance Autos

ph 03 8801 0287

0401 037 947

www.onautos.com.au

[email protected]

It was mail order to my door, prompt, and he kept me informed of my order progress. Also picked up a locking gas cap as ute's don't have locking fuel doors like the sedan.

No shudder, great brakes, good look, NO WORRIES!!

Guest dbasteve
  • Guests
Posted

We are finding that the slotted and/or drilled rotors are not generating shudder because they are aggressive on the pads not allowing build up or wear problems to occur.

Obviously the pads will wear a little quicker. :sick: but it could be worse as we all know!

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

I was just informed a couple of days ago that they have found the solutuion to this ongoing brake issue. The whole problem is the new seal design used around the pistons in the caliper. The new seals used on the BA are not allowing enough roll back on the piston which means the pads are rubbing on the rotor to much when brakes aren't applied. The solution is to replace the shims currently used in the caliper with thinner ones to increase clearance and skim the rotors.

Whether this works or not I don't know time will tell.though

wont make much difference to me because under great advice from dbasteve I've purchased a set of 4000 series rotors with after market pads.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...