Jump to content

BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE


Who is it happening to?  

1,278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • I see red
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 14d
  • Location: nowhere in particular
Posted
The Ford pads must be quite crap,as a few who went to slotted rotors but kept the OEM pads have got brake shudder back.  Took longer to come back but it did.

:finger::finger:

  • SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Outer east - Melbourne
Posted

My brake shudder was resolved at the 20K service and with 30K on the clock now no sign of a problem

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 24d
Posted

Steve thanks for the explanation - but to more important things -can you bring back the old atavar? The black hot pants one, please?

Posted

I put DBA Gold slotted and Bendix Performax on the XY and am getting squeel on light braking,just like the Ts premos did.The premos have got nearly 20k on them and now they dont squeel WTF.

vik

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 5d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

This thread might end up in the Guiness Book of Records, for the longest thread of all time, Ford must be :sleepystuff:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 18d
  • Location: Perth Western Australia
Posted

I contacted PBR today on behalf of a customer.....possibly even someone here. I assume this as he quoted the exact part #'s.

The front premium calipers are not available to me as aftermarket parts at this point in time. May be in about 6-9 mths. And then may only be available as a bolt on aftermarket PBR premium range of upgrade kits they have planned for the future.

My trade price on the calipers was well over the $600 each mark from Ford. I consider this to be extortion.....even asked the guy if he was wearing a mask (highway robber)

So guys as far as using premiums is concerned.....its genuine only for calipers for now.

And when DBASteve gets me my brackets happening I'll have the AP 4 spot upgrade available too. Which is probably a better setup in my opinion anyway for a fast streeter.

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted
This thread might end up in the Guiness Book of Records, for the longest thread of all time, Ford must be :smilielol:

curious that the only thread that is longer is "joke of the day "

Ford are welcome to draw whatever parrellel they wish :smilielol:

  • Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: BrisVegas
Posted

Ho hum.

Just over 30K and shudder has returned. Third time around and the last time I had the "Fix it" fix.

Next service I'm getting the QFM pads fitted. Gunna see if the long man is right.

  • TEAM BLUEPRINT
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 27d
  • Location: Perth W.A.
Posted

I got a price of 344 each for the pbr calipars from coventrys but when I rang another parts supplier they told me that they wont be available for 6 months.

that supplier could only supply ap 4 spot calipars in a kit for 3 grand but I would have to wait till september to get them because they are waiting for mounting brackets to be made.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...