Jump to content

dattoman

Member
  • Posts

    67
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dattoman

  1. dattoman

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    http://pdfcast.org/pdf/ba-disc 100 000 kms or 3 yrs But its an old document
  2. Happy Birthday dattoman!

  3. I've been away awhile So maybe I don't understand But considering the price of a good brake setup... and the fact it will one day save you life, that of your family , and other road users Not to mention the front of your car not ploughed into the back of the VT Late model camira full of bogans ahead of you And relative to the cost of your 'performance' upgrades that seem more important to you ... just do it man I'm not particularly a fan of the 6 pot Brembo... I think they are abit big and the pads too agressive on the poor quality factory discs... but a nice 4 pot should do the trick Either the Brembo... or call V-Sport and get the AP Club Spec version in 330mm with a matching 315mm rear http://www.vsport.com.au/ecommerce/index.php?categoryID=145 More than adequate for what your planning I'll go get back in my box now
  4. Happy Birthday dattoman!

  5. You want me to do what now ?
  6. Dyna Pro and Dynalite are too small I missed in the link where it says it fits BA........ I wouldn't do it..... but each to their own I guess
  7. Hard to say based on 2 pics and no actual info Pads may be leaching resin onto disc Discs may have been machined too many times and are thin........ so heat properties are lost (causing hot spots) May have picked up contaminants in the pad Auto?.... sit on the brakes after hard stops..... allowing resin to deposit on the rotor ? Drive thru puddles or car wash? Water thru wheels onto hot disc is not a good thing.
  8. Aftermarket pads are avail for Brembo Ferodo DS2000 (FRP3028S) Ferodo DS2500 (FRP3028H) Pagid RS4-2 (can't remember part #) There are plenty more too
  9. Nope. Its wear and tear Brembo equipped cars wear out faster and cost more so that's some consolation.
  10. This is why I dislike the "Banksia" handbrake system. Its fitted to a few different vehicles such as Falcon,Commodore,Ssanyong Musso. PBR recommends replacement of this unit every time the rear discs are replaced !! Its really a PBR issue but they can't do much about it till its redesigned. Ford can't really do much to fix it either.
  11. x 28mm. And ... the fronts are ventillated, rears are solid. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> 325 x 32 actually on the front. There is a vented rear disc avail for the BA...and I don't mean the one that fits the Brembo caliper either. Its 315 mm same as Late model camira rear. It was devised so that the Falcon ran identical sizes to the Late model camira in Brute utes. Its not commercially listed as available as its specific for a "racecar" and uses a 4 pot AP caliper that's also not actually available (due to Brute contract clauses). But if it does become avail.....and if someone makes a bracket to space the rear caliper up like the Commodore.....then I guess its a slight upgrade for the rear for those that think they might need it.
  12. Clutch fluid is the same as brake fluid. It requires regular flush and bleed just like your brakes do. In fact.....you use your clutch on average at least 5 times more than the brakes. So it should be flushed approx every 6 mths or so. Discolouration is normal as moisture content increases and seals and bores wear.
  13. This would help reduce fade in multiple hard stops due to cooling It has been done on a T ute here which has the 330mm 4 pot AP upgrade on it Bit of extra insurance so to speak......plus the owner got fined twice in a week for leaving the spotties on while driving.....so he took them out.
  14. Or Brembo package front and rear for $7k Or AP front and rear for around to $9k Or small AP 4 pot front set for around $3k Or small AP 6 pot front set for around $4k Or Brembo small front kit for $3.5k Lots of choices available now depending on budget and desired performance.
  15. Dont believe me? Go price them up at your local Ford spare parts dept. Front Brembo pads as fitted to all said equipped cars will cost 1K genuine. Get a couple of sets of fronts and a set of rears aftermarket for that (DS2500 Ferodo)
  16. First I've ever heard of AvGas being legally sold for road cars. What's the effect on the cars? Especially the life of the engines? More power, no effect in unleaded engines Scotty CCC So what's the diff in price per litre. And how do I get some of this stuff, short of painting a Qantas 'roo on the tail of the T? Visit a little local airport somewhere with your Jerry can. Scotty Avgas kills O2 sensors You need a CAMS log booked car and a fuel passbook from CAMS to buy it legally Name: Neil Location : Perth Job : I sell brake stuff
  17. People don't actually pay Ford prices for those pads though do they ? Same pad shape as F40 Ferrari......plenty of better compounds avail for less dough I keep DS2000 and DS2500 for starters
  18. But the 375mm (approx) discs and 6 pot PBR calipers won't fit under the 18" Not to mention the 355mm rears with PBR 4 pots Hence the 19's. I beleieve Ford has dropped Brembo as their big brake suppliers you see.
  19. dattoman

    DBA Rotors

    Um NO You won't get Formulas for $70 maybe Ferodo Zeros.....as in Zero performance
  20. dattoman

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    And there will be no class action Despite all the talk nothing has arisen from this has it ? They seem to have addressed it now......just a new model teething problem would be their opinion.
  21. Or if you wait a couple of months PBR are releasing the premium brakes into the aftermarket in bolt on kit form. Comes with calipers front x 2 (with pads) Calipers rear x 2 Discs slotted front x 2 (325 x 32) discs slotted rear x 2 (std size) Stailess braided hoses x 4 all required brackets bolts etc. Inc ADR certifications......as they make the factory stuff they have everything approved anyway. Price is rumoured to be around $2500 retail. I thought Racebrakes in Sydney dealt in QFM pads
  22. Both on Falcons MISHAP at Motorvation here in Perth in January NO HOPE in carpark at Powercruise saturday Queensland raceway at easter
  23. dattoman

    Ordered yesterday

    Make sure you book into the dealer to have your front discs skimmed if you didn't order the premium brakes. Though that's probably on the 1000km service schedule (or even pre-delivery) already
  24. dattoman

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    Ok people I don't know how many of you actually know me but I'll give you alittle background first then I'll get to the point. My name is Neil and I work for a specialist brake company in Perth. I cruise these forums at home in my own time in an effort to try to learn more about these cars and their issues. I was asked to look into these forums by both Dagabond and DBASteve a couple of times before I started to contribute. I work for wages not on commission and as such am not here to sell components to people off these boards for profit. However. I may have access to items that may be of some interest to your members. Perth only at this stage guys due to distance and freight restraints. I have access to some BA premium (PBR) brake setups- front only. They include Calipers (black-with Ford logo)with factory pads (with free dust and squeal) Discs.....eleptical groove. Rubber hoses complete bottom knuckle including spindle/bearing/ABS sensors All bolted together and supposedly ready to fit. Basically the same stuff Ford fits as taken from cars going to FPV for the Brembo upgrades. I haven't seen the stuff yet but I'm told they are brand new with no mileage. Anyone in Perth with an interest in these items can PM me and we can discuss the pricing. They will go thru my bosses business and are totally legit. Not sure how many sets are available yet but certainly at least 3 car sets. I can also discuss better rear discs and pads to compliment the package if required. If I have breached any advertising rules please let me know and I will pull this post immediatly. Thanks Neil
  25. dattoman

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    I haven't driven a car with the premium brakes......so can't offer an informed opinion. In fact I haven't been in a BA at all yet. But I'd imagine from what I'm hearing that anything is better than the factory stuff. And there seems to be some good feedback on their performance except for the squeal. A member here has both BA and VY with the same premium brakes and the commy is quiet where the BA is noisy. Commy uses PBR pads.....BA uses Jap pads I believe. If this is all there is too it maybe the premiums with a different pad material would be worthwhile. If you can wait till they are released hopefully cheaper aftermarket. If not I can take a look at the AP kit again and see if I can trim it abit....won't be much but every little bit helps.
×
×
  • Create New...