chooch Member 256 Member For: 22y 8m 5d Location: Adelaide Posted 14/03/07 12:25 PM Author Posted 14/03/07 12:25 PM This may sound sad but I use K-mart auto before I got my BA and they were great, major services were no more than $160 (including genuine parts), if there was a problem they would call me and tell me how much extra and get permission from me first. They do the service in accordance with the manufactures service manual so it's not like a dodgy service.like the other guys have posted, Ford quote like $400 then when you pick it up, they had to do this or that.....now its like $550. I was charged $25 in labour to change wiper blades at that point you can sit there in the office and argue with the service manager, but on a Friday afternoon I couldnt be faaaarked. just pay it and never come back.
tmac450 Member 1,650 Member For: 20y 1m 4d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 16/03/07 02:13 AM Posted 16/03/07 02:13 AM The main difference between and dealership service and a good indipendent (in my experience, and aside from price) is that the dealership takes no care, uses the cheapest possible oil, uses the cheapest possible apprentice labour and don't care about customer service because they always have plenty of customers.Private guys on the other hand are usually car enthusiests, they want repeat business and go out of their way to do a good job. If an apprentice is used, they will oversee the work to make sure it is done properly.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Posted 16/03/07 02:41 AM Posted 16/03/07 02:41 AM Ford actually dare call what they do a service, they dont know the meaning of the word. Sold my T recently, here is an example: Called Bayford group $99 to do a RWC that's fine, $275 to change a wheel stud that was broken thanks to the morons at tyrepower Geelong. I said okkkkkkk its going to take your apprentice 2 and 1/2 hours to change a wheel stud. So I called up Central Ford in Kilmore $92 for the RWC and here is the killer $45 to change the rear wheel stud. All I can say is Brett if you read this, yourself and Cathrine should be commended on your level of service from FoMoCo. Moral of the story is that sometimes there is good dealerships out there and if you find one, stick with them
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 15d Gender: Male Posted 16/03/07 06:21 AM Posted 16/03/07 06:21 AM (edited) same problem when I was trying to get my diff bush replaced.. call up one dealership, 1200$ all up.. I know its a big job but FARK!try other places, they all say its too hard..call up another dealer, 550$ wtf.also rang up a dealer to book a service, 290.. take the car down the next day and in the intro thing guy tells me 440!! I said I dont think so.. he gets shirty then agrees to the 1st price, and as mentioned washes my spotless car at the end of the services and makes it look will definatly be tryin a chain service centre next time, or just dedicate a saturday to doin it myself.. least I know it will all be done correctly Edited 16/03/07 06:22 AM by XR06T
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 24/03/07 12:17 PM Posted 24/03/07 12:17 PM (edited) Don't laugh at Scotty, he can't help it.PS: edit: WTF happened there? A bit ahead of myself, or you Gary, but then that's not hard Edited 24/03/07 12:19 PM by tab
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 2m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/03/07 12:17 PM Posted 24/03/07 12:17 PM hey every1...I got my 45000km service done on fri...n after being told it would most likely cost under $400...ended up costing me jus ova $500...n that's wit out coolant or the gearbox service...they charged 100 dollars 4 some adative 4 the diff...n they r tryna claim that on warranty...so im not sure where the other $100+ dollars came from...n then im probly jus whinging but I keep my car spotless...n the guys there washed it n I got it bak dirtier than wen I took it there...dont even kno y they bothered...car was spotless anyway....ans mayb its coz the car was in perfect condition anyway...but usually u can feel like your car has jus been serviced....well it doesnt feel like that at all...not really that happy wit them but I dont kno where else 2 go...n if people will look in the book wen they go 2 buy it n turn there nose up at it coz it hasnt been serviced by ford....I jus think they need 2 do more....my mate has an is200 lexus n he had his major service...payed 400 n they polished his car gave him chocolates n all this stuff....n his car actually went alot beta....lol...anyway im ova it...hav 2 decide wat 2 do wen I get 2 60000kms.... f*ck me, I ran out of breath halfway through that. Are you trying to kill us?ScottyScotty, tears came to my eyes I laughed so much - my thoughts exactly
brownhornet Legacy Donating Member 124 Member For: 18y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 31/01/09 09:49 AM Posted 31/01/09 09:49 AM seaview ford in perth...$400 for 30K Service plus $170 for coolant flush plus $80 for brake fluid flush PLUS (and this is the bit that sh@ts me) $85 to adjust handbrake.All up about $730 !!!I think Ultratune might be getting a guernsy next time.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 01/02/09 09:13 AM Posted 01/02/09 09:13 AM I had a 40k a little while back, including coolant flush, throttle body, brake fluid and the handbrake and mine wasnt even half that cost. It wasnt Ford of course and I watched them do the handbrake when they rotated the tyres and it was only a minute or two at the adjustment.Dont make your mistake again and go see ultratune or whoever over your way is reccomended.I.B.
Trucka Member 375 Member For: 18y 13d Gender: Male Location: Maroochydore Posted 11/02/09 03:52 AM Posted 11/02/09 03:52 AM I had a 45k done last week, cost $800, but that was replacing battery and wiperblades as well which were about $250 by themselves. So the service would've been about $550 by itself still too expensive for what they did, nearly $400 for labour and they don't specify what the labour rate is on the invoice. Not very happy considering they replaced the battery without letting me know. Anyways I won't be going back there for a service.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 11/02/09 03:55 AM Posted 11/02/09 03:55 AM I have never paid any more then $180 for a Ford service (with my old car).My new car will never sees the inside of a Ford workshop ever again.All work either done by myself or Monsta Torque.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now