iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 25/02/07 01:35 PM Posted 25/02/07 01:35 PM ford give me the sh*ts, they find and fix every f*ckin thing I dont know about, the things I do know about they dont farkin fix.... talk about giving me the sh!ts!!
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 10/03/07 01:21 AM Posted 10/03/07 01:21 AM Yep ford know how to rip ppl off that's for sure.. Im damn happy where I take my car.. costs me $100 per service.←Me car only ever goes to Ford for warranty and nothing else. Why is anyone paying more than our $100 bloke for an oil change.
mark61 Member 80 Member For: 20y 7d Posted 10/03/07 08:46 AM Posted 10/03/07 08:46 AM I made sure I rang my local dealer and got a quote before booking the car in.15000 service costs were $210 quoted and that is all I would pay. Cant see if someone gives you a quote how it can be dearer when you go to pick it up.Unless you are there to look over the mechanics shoulder how can any one be sure you are getting what is in the handbook where ever you take it. It does sound silly that Ford does not have a state wide costing on their services, why would it cost more in the city than the country were I live?
freaky Member 29 Member For: 20y 5m 3d Posted 14/03/07 08:24 AM Posted 14/03/07 08:24 AM The same about the squeeling premium brakes. Just need a bit more information about what they can and can't do I think.Sorry to drag this up. Is there a TSB or fix for the squeeling brakes ? I have the 6 pots up front and the squeel started at around 13,000km.Was given the usual line that its normal.
Mr X Legacy Donating Member 998 Member For: 23y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 14/03/07 09:49 AM Posted 14/03/07 09:49 AM re who to go to for a service.......I own the Ultra Tune branch in SA(Melrose Park)southside of Adelaide.We can do handbook services cheaper and I'm sure;better-than the dealers,using genuine parts without voiding your warranty.We have the latest updates on campaigns relating to warranty issues so that you are not paying for work which should be done under warranty.Head office is constantly issuing memo's to the branches with the latest updates on procedures for current/late models.We have the latest "Snap On" Modis diagnostic machine with current cartridge for domestic/import/USA/Euro and we can download fault codes from any car for a correct repair.Ultra Tune SA is monitered for quality and performance by the RAA.Our staff own-R32 GTR,BF GT,VX SS,Suzuki Swift GTi and ED XR6...........so we know a bit about cars.Most Ultra Tunes are owned by car nuts.at least the ones I know in SA........perhaps give your local Ultra Tune a try.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/03/07 10:23 AM Posted 14/03/07 10:23 AM Refreshing to know. Thanks Terry
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/03/07 11:31 AM Posted 14/03/07 11:31 AM hey every1...I got my 45000km service done on fri...n after being told it would most likely cost under $400...ended up costing me jus ova $500...n that's wit out coolant or the gearbox service...they charged 100 dollars 4 some adative 4 the diff...n they r tryna claim that on warranty...so im not sure where the other $100+ dollars came from...n then im probly jus whinging but I keep my car spotless...n the guys there washed it n I got it bak dirtier than wen I took it there...dont even kno y they bothered...car was spotless anyway....ans mayb its coz the car was in perfect condition anyway...but usually u can feel like your car has jus been serviced....well it doesnt feel like that at all...not really that happy wit them but I dont kno where else 2 go...n if people will look in the book wen they go 2 buy it n turn there nose up at it coz it hasnt been serviced by ford....I jus think they need 2 do more....my mate has an is200 lexus n he had his major service...payed 400 n they polished his car gave him chocolates n all this stuff....n his car actually went alot beta....lol...anyway im ova it...hav 2 decide wat 2 do wen I get 2 60000kms.... ←f*ck me, I ran out of breath halfway through that. Are you trying to kill us?Scotty
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/03/07 11:33 AM Posted 14/03/07 11:33 AM Just had my 15K service, $165 excluding oil & filter. This is up a bit from previous visits but at least they actually check the exhaust manifold bolts.I've never had a problem with metro ford in Brissie - other than the usual crap that gets forced down from head office though.Some of the prices I see on here are just unbeleivable. Do you guys ask for a price before you put the vehicle in?←Gotta agree with you Tab (takes myyself out the back and gives myself a beating), Metro Ford are pretty bloody good.Scotty
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/03/07 11:38 AM Posted 14/03/07 11:38 AM Is the sky falling?
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/03/07 11:39 AM Posted 14/03/07 11:39 AM The same about the squeeling premium brakes. Just need a bit more information about what they can and can't do I think.Sorry to drag this up. Is there a TSB or fix for the squeeling brakes ? I have the 6 pots up front and the squeel started at around 13,000km.Was given the usual line that its normal.←I know there was a TSB for the PBR brakes but not sure about the Brembo's.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now