Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 23d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 23/01/07 01:37 AM Posted 23/01/07 01:37 AM Yeah I also saw one the other day. It had ACT plates on it and yeah didnt realise what it was untill I looked in my mirror and saw the fairmont Ghia rear number plate surround←White one?they look really plain to me. what are your thoughts?I agree. I saw a Force6 and A Typhoon side by side at the dealer the other day and thought the Force6 was a Tranny at first! Seriously the AU1 T-Series were criticised for looking too soft and so evolved the T3 which looked tough (hope Turbo6man doesn't see this! ). Ford/FPV seem to have reverted back to the soft look.←youre forgetting the ghia is aimed at the luxury market, not so much the performance market.
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m Posted 24/01/07 11:34 AM Posted 24/01/07 11:34 AM Isn't the only real exterior difference the fact that it doesn't come with a larger spoiler.I think they would improve the look with an optional F6 or even GT spoiler.Otherwise a damn nice car.
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/03/07 11:00 PM Posted 21/03/07 11:00 PM Here's a review of the FPV Force 6 from the Age yesterday.
qwigybo Member 288 Member For: 20y 4m 28d Location: bendigo home of SFA Posted 21/03/07 11:21 PM Posted 21/03/07 11:21 PM yeah, can't say I'd be rushing out to buy one
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/03/07 01:04 AM Posted 22/03/07 01:04 AM I had a good look at one at the Motor Show.I'd buy an SS before that thing
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/03/07 01:12 AM Posted 22/03/07 01:12 AM I think they look quite good especially if you don't want to stand out as much
oldskool Member 144 Member For: 20y 7m 18d Posted 22/03/07 02:09 AM Posted 22/03/07 02:09 AM I had a good look at one at the Motor Show.I'd buy an SS before that thing ←why are people so against the force range? yes I know its overpriced compared to the phoon. Really it just an overpriced phoon with a few extras, some people would rather buy an executive style car and still have the performance with out the boy racer body kit look. Alot people hate the d**khead in the Expensive Daewoo v8 or jap box harrassing and trying to run them everytime they go for a drive. The ghia really does not match it with cars like the HSV senator, I think it was a good move for FPV to sell em (even though they could have had a more unique kit), and it does look like they are selling!
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/03/07 04:02 AM Posted 22/03/07 04:02 AM I rate it, if I had the spare cash I would have one in the garage straight away.It's a bit like the old XR6T vs F6 argument when they first come on to the scene. And I'm sure you could find a few posts in the archives from members screaming that the phoon was a waste of money, and those same members are now behind the wheel of a phoon!
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 22/03/07 04:48 AM Posted 22/03/07 04:48 AM Here's a review of the FPV Force 6 from the Age yesterday.←$72k for 5500nm @ 2000-4250rpm is a bargin!
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/03/07 04:56 AM Posted 22/03/07 04:56 AM I think that might be a typo, though 5500 nm of torque wouldn't be bad ... if you had a gearbox left
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now