Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 5m 11d
Posted

Its alright I figured it out. The other end of hose that connects to the solenoid, connects, right underneath the Turbo (unless im totally wrong). Thanks took the car out for 10mins and felt a big difference. The cars been feeling slow lately and this just brought it back to life. Thanks once again

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 1d
  • Location: Sunnybank, brisbane
Posted

mr squiggle indeed :beerchug:

I have that very same problem you describe IH8TOADS

that's why I wann do this little mod. I"m gonna try it again damnit after dinner. Hopefully the blasted thing will come off without me wrecking it in the process

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

mine hasnt done it since the WD40 treatment squiggles and hopefully it stays that way!!

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 1m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted (edited)

I must say when I did this a month or so ago it made a big difference just like others have said. Kinda tempted to go down and do it again.. but........No

Edited by revheadrobbo
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 1d
  • Location: Sunnybank, brisbane
Posted (edited)

damnit, I'm so close. The damn hose just won't come off. Also the clamp on the hose is crimped on both sides so getting it off is might be a pain in the a!@ Any tips there. I"ll give it another couple of tugs :biggrin: . After that I dunno

Damn I'm so close :banghead:

update

I've figgured out the clip, but that damn hose is on there tight :censored:

update to the update

mission accomplised, just gotta put the sucker back together then out for a little od driving ms daisy :w00t2:

at least second time will be easier

thanks for the help lads

Edited by BA_XR6Turbo_Ute
  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

try twisting the hose, but make sure you do not break the plastic tube.

If you grip the hose and twist and pull it should come off.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Aus.Vic.Melb
Posted

When I did mine I removed the solenoid and its little mounting plate from the chasis.

It was only connected by one screw that I needed a massive screwdriver or ratchet extension to remove it - made life much easier then I got to remove the clamp and hose from a much more accessable position.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 1d
  • Location: Sunnybank, brisbane
Posted

all done :censored:

thanks for the tips. All helped me get the job done.

problem was the clamp was so tight that the hose was sort of stuck to the plastic. Weird I know but got it off with a bit of twisting. Just didn't want to break anything

cheers all

  • role model
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne,S.E
Posted
all done  :censored:

thanks for the tips.  All helped me get the job done.

problem was the clamp was so tight that the hose was sort of stuck to the plastic.  Weird I know but got it off with a bit of twisting.  Just didn't want to break anything

cheers all

did you notice any differnce in doing this?

I try this awhile ago and didnt really do anything

but all you guys say it inproves alot lol.

mabye I need to put more in

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted (edited)
all done  :biggrin:

thanks for the tips.  All helped me get the job done.

problem was the clamp was so tight that the hose was sort of stuck to the plastic.  Weird I know but got it off with a bit of twisting.  Just didn't want to break anything

cheers all

did you notice any differnce in doing this?

I try this awhile ago and didnt really do anything

but all you guys say it inproves alot lol.

mabye I need to put more in

One full can of WD-40 will do it mate. :spoton: but I hate to say that it didnt work on my V6 pajero :crybaby: Can anyone help me :stirthepot:

Edited by FPV TRANNY

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...