F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 18d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 23/11/06 12:52 AM Posted 23/11/06 12:52 AM Check your exhaust manifold bolts, and turbo to manifold nuts aswell.. I've lost .5 because of those bastids..
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 23/11/06 01:06 AM Posted 23/11/06 01:06 AM For that level of power you certainly don't have any top end do you? I'd say there's a boost leak somewhere or an actuator problem. Your time and speed at half track seem OK.
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/11/06 01:08 AM Posted 23/11/06 01:08 AM I feel your pain as I have the same problem
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 7d Posted 23/11/06 01:13 AM Posted 23/11/06 01:13 AM Did you get rid of the surge by running more fule in the tank?If so, how much more?
wrxkilla Member 106 Member For: 20y 3m 8d Posted 23/11/06 01:17 AM Author Posted 23/11/06 01:17 AM hrmrm will see if I can check mani and turbo bolts....might be an exhaust leak...yeh more than 3/4 a tank and less than Full.lol:(
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 23/11/06 01:24 AM Posted 23/11/06 01:24 AM The other possibility is the auto is slipping.That new curve produces heaps more torque than the red curve, and the 2nd gear band is NOT real flash in the auto box. If you've been doing early changes into second to catch that torque peak and lay 2nd gear "wheelies", there's a strong possibility you've scorched the band.Have you done any internal mods to the trans? tom
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Posted 23/11/06 01:42 AM Posted 23/11/06 01:42 AM The other possibility is the auto is slipping.That new curve produces heaps more torque than the red curve, and the 2nd gear band is NOT real flash in the auto box. If you've been doing early changes into second to catch that torque peak and lay 2nd gear "wheelies", there's a strong possibility you've scorched the band.Have you done any internal mods to the trans? tom←You would think that the auto could hold more power, but factory tolerances being so large such a reason could very well be possible.
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 23/11/06 02:15 AM Posted 23/11/06 02:15 AM as to starting the test at different speeds that makes minimal to no diferencethere both on shoot 6f that's what matters!!!!←On a DD Dyno, especially with a turbocharged car, you would go WOT at the same km/h for each run, and let the boost build before allowing it to ramp. I was not concerned about the Total power figure, I'm more interested in seeing the comparison between the 2 when they come on boost, so shootout mode does not come into play here..
wrxkilla Member 106 Member For: 20y 3m 8d Posted 23/11/06 03:10 AM Author Posted 23/11/06 03:10 AM lolyes the 2 different runs are least of my concerns at the moment...:D
plj 59 Member 212 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 23/11/06 04:21 AM Posted 23/11/06 04:21 AM with my car 284rwkw was stalling to 2400 to get 1.8 60ft 12.4 at 111mph, but with 298rwkw stalling to 2400 was 2.1 60ft 12.8 at 114mph, stalling to 2600 was 2.0 60ft 12.6 at 113mph, stalling 2700 was 1.9 60ft 12.4 at 114mph. I was expecting a lot better because it felt good on the street it just that the power came on differently I needed to stall it even higher to get better time. the point I am trying to make is the first tune at lower rwkw would be quicker et if I worked at it but the second tune was way better on the street it felt way better
Recommended Posts